Vipe periods and vipe methods

Started by Singlas, April 15, 2019, 03:03:13 AM

Singlas

Hello
I Whant to discus wipes and wipes periods. Developers told, they are take impression from Rust. But in the Rust wipes have two stages:
-Stage first
Wipe terrain and players structures, game progress from players don't touched. After next month, arrived stage two
-Stage two
Wipes terrain, players structures and players progress.

Why they do that?
I think main reason to prevent players from tiring. And next reason save game dynamics. Rust have more dynamic gameplay then Cryofall, and I worried many ppl drop the game if you do full wipe. I suggest to developers made two staged wipe, for saving game dynamics

LKWeeze

IThis game is not a rust despite being similar, so do not come with these ideas, because the game is already good the way it is!
>:(

ai_enabled

Hello!

The idea makes sense for some players and we will consider it in the future. Though we would prefer to wipe everything and maybe adjust the LP gain speedΓÇöas this way players have more progression in the game, starting as a fresh player have some benefits (especially if you know that all other players are also starting the same way on the wiped server).
Currently, we have a technical requirement to wipe the servers as we do larger changes which makes the savegames incompatible. We're going to implement the savegame compatibility in the next 2-3 major updates.

Regards!