[EU][kG]kunix.org -PVE- / community server

Started by kyokei, May 31, 2014, 08:57:35 AM

ai_enabled

kyokei, well, I've already done it for the next version :-).
It will also improve the servers list by displaying the public server domain names instead of IP addresses (if the server domain name is set in the settings file). Will be helpful for CryoFall as well.

kyokei

Some stats of kunix:

World initialized with 577 players, 290 star systems, 33754 asteroids, 9269 ships, 53 bases, 799 jumpgates, 32154 spaceObjects, 908 specialObjects, 1633 containers, 290 stars, 742 planets.

kyokei

Is anyone still playing on my server? If not I am thinking of shutting it down for now as it's using quite some ressources

Lurler

I just wanted to say thank you for keeping the server online for such a long time and allowing thousands of players to be a part of MP! :)
And sure, we cannot ask you to keep supporting the server after such a long time since the release.

Instead, we'd like you be one of the hosters of our new game - CryoFall when the time comes and if you enjoy it as well!

kyokei

Well I managed to cut down resources so it's ok for now.

For Cryofall - I would be honored to host a server for you guys but I need a Linux version :D /tease

Lurler

From what I understand the server application can be compiled to be linux compatible even now. It's the client side that we want to have some extra work done on before releasing the linux and mac versions, but don't quote me on this. ai_enabled would be able to explain this better :)

kyokei

Server will up be again after migration to new hardware - cpu was spiking up to 80C with VE on :S

kyokei

ai_enabled

Just connected, works great! Thanks for running the server, kyokei!

Acuru

Yay! I can log to my char again, TY :)

Btw. it's sayis it's on version 2.0.1 mayby update it to 2.0.3?

ai_enabled

2.0.1 is fine. No server-related changes were done.

kyokei

After being online for many years it's time to retire the VoidExpanse kunix server.
I'm going to decommission my server so I won't be able to host anything anymore.

I will post again with the final date once I have it!

Thanks to everyone who played on the server and enjoyed it.

*edit* The decommission date will be end of October.
If anyone wants the savegame file of the server let me know!

kyokei

I'm ready to decommission the server totally, is there anyone who would still want the savegame?

p0ki

Quote from: kyokei on November 07, 2017, 06:07:44 AM
I'm ready to decommission the server totally, is there anyone who would still want the savegame?
Hi Kyokei,
thanks from my side as well for hosting this server for what feels like an eternety.
Can you still provide the savegame on a dropbox link or something like that?

kyokei

Link to savegame:

https://cloud.ion-box.org/s/2nPpoQRtXKZOsfT

pw: $ve$h1

You have until 31st of Dec to fetch it :)

And you are most welcome