Do Aliens Respawn?

Started by Fugue, April 08, 2015, 02:13:49 PM

Fugue

Loving the game so far. Decided to try the Order storyline with a Demolitionist turned LazerMaster! I got to doing the "Hive Hunt" quest and was wondering if aliens will eventually respawn after I wipe all of them out from a system?

jeeplaw

Not sure about aliens, but Pirates will respawn as per the code in the js files. I'm pretty certain that if they don't respawn, a mod can be made easy enough :D

Strmy

Not in MP :) I cleared few sectors on Kunix server.

Fugue

Thanks for the feedback. I think if there are hives in the system that aliens should slowly respawn.

Silberspeer

Ok, we intend to change these things but we already have our plan for next couple updates and Aliens Respawn is not there. We'll do it later.

Fugue

You're the developers. I don't think it's an urgent thing to implement. Do you think it makes sense with the theme of the game?

Silberspeer

It is important for multiplayer. Absolutely empty systems are not very cool to play in.

stilicho

I am curious as to how this respawning will be done. Just asking because I've played some space games that respawned enemies in rather annoying ways, like every 10 minutes right next to your ship etc.

Baal

Alien sectors respawning over time is a feature I can get behind.  It would be nice to see them repopulate areas over a few days.