Mining probe

Started by sandbags, April 26, 2015, 12:05:17 PM

sandbags

I've been searching for that really expensive ore for ages and found none.

It occurred to me that it would be great to be able to dispatch mining probes to sample the asteroids in far off systems.

With appropriate caveats about how long it might take, how much of any system one probe might sample, probes breaking down or getting destroyed, etc...

loudent

Quote from: sandbags on April 26, 2015, 12:05:17 PM
I've been searching for that really expensive ore for ages and found none.

It occurred to me that it would be great to be able to dispatch mining probes to sample the asteroids in far off systems.

With appropriate caveats about how long it might take, how much of any system one probe might sample, probes breaking down or getting destroyed, etc...

If the tech level/and and aggression level of a system is at or above 50 then there are usually a couple second tier asteroids, if they're both above 50 and it's not faction owned space then you usually have one or two tier 3 asteroids (from my limited experience).

I used to actively seek them out before I realized that it's rarely worth the trip. Money is a little too easy to get. My next game I might go with a lose everything play through since that seems like it might be the only limiting factor

sandbags

Hi loudent, thanks for the info.

In my case I have a quest to obtain a fairly large amount of Serizonite (sp?) ore and so far in this game I've not found one of those asteroids with it. But it's a pretty large galaxy (even if it could be larger :-)) that it will take me a long time to explore!

m/

MenschMaschine

I do not know what "tier" means.
Serizonite can only be found in type 6 asteroids.
They are only found in three rare types of locations.
Their distribution does not seem to be linked to tech or aggression level.
To not spoil the fun for explorers, here only a hint:
You can search for the type of asteroid in the systempresets.js.
No Berries!