taking a page from Skyrim

Started by loudent, April 04, 2015, 03:51:57 PM

loudent

One of the cool things about skyrim is that you could kind of pick a direction and wander and every once in a while you stumble on something unique and/or interesting. A super tough mob with some tasty loo, perhaps min that needs clearing or even nude bathers in the hot pools.

I would love to see things like that in this game. Give me a reason to fly off into the far off sectors just to see if anything interesting is there.

James009

Very true, we need unique things going on to help generate exploration. What if the entire map wasn't fully explored and we had unexplored sectors? Or abandoned sectors?

Hoodsey

I was just thinking about this last night after I purchased it. Maybe have cross server play, to where they're spider webbed, each with their own planets, asteroid belts, etc. A completely different layout.

sandbags

It's fair to say that there's a lack of uniqueness to the systems or a reason to explore them beyond a mission taking you there.

I think doing something cross-server is likely to be more work than the team has time or resources for. But perhaps adding something to spawn unique encounters in systems (perhaps based on their distance from a core world) might be doable and could add a lot of fun to exploring.