some suggestion

Started by Sanky, December 09, 2019, 09:43:34 AM

Sanky

Would like to make some suggestion, following the development roadmap
1. Biome: larger map pose a problem of getting salt for bases in the center of the map, maybe there should be some "salty lake", other than the common sand, occasionally it would spawn low yield salt flat, might also have different creatures.

2. weather: is this alien planet have any moon? if so, there should be time where the full moon night having higher visibility, and different lunar period would affect animals, or spawn special monster, making night time activity much more dangerous.

3. Active event: maybe classify into local, regional and entire map, some event like landslide or earthquake, only affect a small portion of the map, or a larger region.

4. Establishment: somehow if players can build city-wide base, what about road that connects different town? currently anything including flooring get destroyed if its outside of land claim, kind of funny to have dozen city surrounded by forest without any connection.

5. Mini map could take the approach of filter like in civ6, where we can toggle different filter as we like instead of putting everything on it. at times we want to see quest location, event location, faction and allies base, at times we want the map clean.

6. fishing, bee keeping: I haven't reach T4 yet, but i would wonder is it possible for players to domesticate animals and plants. like how rubber tree plantation don't cut down trees for rubber, instead they drain it slowly keeping the tree alive. same thing on herb, domesticated herb farming is a thing on earth. So, if we will have bee keeping, maybe we also should have fish farm in later tech?

7. New map: currently the south is for new comer and the north is for well established player, but maybe creating small pocket of boreal, desert, swamp across the south, too small for the well establish player to want to have a base there, but more than enough for new comer not needing the risk to travel half of the map to get to these places for resources and quest.

8. also would like to see archipelago map if ocean travel is a thing, or simply divide into 2 island, whereby player start at south but high end stuff at the north, and make the crossing of the strait dangerous.

9. Interior cell: allow player to create a basement?

Also for other suggestion
1. gathering water now require us to repetitively click on the water, but such action provide no LP, either giving us LP or make the process automatically continue until the bottle in the bar is all used up.

2. Window, having wall with window lower the durability, but give player who stand next to it able to shoot to the otherside, but if the weapon fire isnt next to the window, it block them like a wall.

3. Secret tunnel: a tunnel can only use by the owner or allies of the base.

4. mini land claim, each land claim tech + N (3 or more) limit, these mini land claim cant be upgrade, and only claim a small portion, like 5x5, and must be connected to the real land claim, these to allow bases to be plan ahead (build further from each other) yet still able to connect together.

5. Traps and obstacle can be build outside of the land claim without decay, but must be within certain range.

6. other member had suggested motor vehicle like chopper, we could go even further with bicycle, skate (in recreation), etc...

Lurler

Thank you for great suggestions! :)

Quote from: Sanky on December 09, 2019, 09:43:34 AM
Would like to make some suggestion, following the development roadmap
1. Biome: larger map pose a problem of getting salt for bases in the center of the map, maybe there should be some "salty lake", other than the common sand, occasionally it would spawn low yield salt flat, might also have different creatures.
You can use transport such as hoverboards to quickly move around the map.
But we are planning to add more transport options to make it even easier.

2. weather: is this alien planet have any moon? if so, there should be time where the full moon night having higher visibility, and different lunar period would affect animals, or spawn special monster, making night time activity much more dangerous.
Well, yes, weather system (and climate/temperature) is something we are definitely planning to add! :)
Please check our roadmap here:
https://trello.com/b/B5ckffAW/cryofall-development-roadmap

3. Active event: maybe classify into local, regional and entire map, some event like landslide or earthquake, only affect a small portion of the map, or a larger region.
Yes, it is planned! For starters we will have "boss" monsters which spawn from time to time, but later we will have even more different events.

4. Establishment: somehow if players can build city-wide base, what about road that connects different town? currently anything including flooring get destroyed if its outside of land claim, kind of funny to have dozen city surrounded by forest without any connection.
What would you propose as a solution? We'd like to hear some ideas.
Though, ideally something that would not just completely change the entire idea behind the claiming system.

5. Mini map could take the approach of filter like in civ6, where we can toggle different filter as we like instead of putting everything on it. at times we want to see quest location, event location, faction and allies base, at times we want the map clean.
Yes, hopefully we will have minimap eventually.

6. fishing, bee keeping: I haven't reach T4 yet, but i would wonder is it possible for players to domesticate animals and plants. like how rubber tree plantation don't cut down trees for rubber, instead they drain it slowly keeping the tree alive. same thing on herb, domesticated herb farming is a thing on earth. So, if we will have bee keeping, maybe we also should have fish farm in later tech?
For now we are planning to add fishing soon and see how it fits in the overall balance. Then bee keeping.
And later we will consider animal farming. But no promises for now :)

7. New map: currently the south is for new comer and the north is for well established player, but maybe creating small pocket of boreal, desert, swamp across the south, too small for the well establish player to want to have a base there, but more than enough for new comer not needing the risk to travel half of the map to get to these places for resources and quest.
Yes, we have a lot of plans to expand the map with more biomes and change how biomes are laid out on the map.
It's not as simple as just adding a random biome somewhere in a different corner, unfortunately.
There are many things to consider.
For example we want south of the map to be targeted to relatively new players, so they are not challenged by advanced players, while keeping north mostly to advanced clans. So there is no conflict of interested. And obviously there are other considerations.

8. also would like to see archipelago map if ocean travel is a thing, or simply divide into 2 island, whereby player start at south but high end stuff at the north, and make the crossing of the strait dangerous.
Yes, eventually we would really like to see sea travel and different boats/ships :)
No idea how it will work, though :)

9. Interior cell: allow player to create a basement?
Yes, we plan to add interior cells in the future.
For starters just caves, bunkers, abandoned laboratories and such.
But later we might also consider player built interior locations. Probably starting with mines.

Also for other suggestion
1. gathering water now require us to repetitively click on the water, but such action provide no LP, either giving us LP or make the process automatically continue until the bottle in the bar is all used up.
Actually it is easier to just drop bottles into a well/water collector and forget about them.
Then come back later and pick up a full stack of full water bottles.

5. Traps and obstacle can be build outside of the land claim without decay, but must be within certain range.
Yes, we are planning to add traps and landmines.
As well as grenades and such! :)

6. other member had suggested motor vehicle like chopper, we could go even further with bicycle, skate (in recreation), etc...
Yes, we are hoping to add more vehicles, especially lower tier options like you mentioned.

Sanky

Would like to point out the first 9 point is directed towards the target in the roadmap, so the first point being suggesting new type of biome, "salty lake" not so much about lack of transport.

when i write the first 9 point, i was referring to the roadmap, so i knew theres a target for weather system, but what i asking is if there will be a lunar activity, like the 30 days of cycle of crescent (total darkness in the night time) to fullmoon (its as slightly less bright than daytime but visibility is very clear)

4. maybe there can be road tile, (either by checking the frequency of players walking along it, the more often players walk over it, the longer it stay intact) or (special vehicle for players to drive along the road tile for maintaining it, like what we have in reality)

5. i meant the current map, where we press M to open. the minimap is different thing. would like to see filter on the current map, so we can mark location, and filter out things we want to see at different time.

----------------------------------------------

Putting bottle in the well is a method, but if i need alot of water bottle now, i would prefer the 2 method i mentioned, either give us LP for our effort of continuously clicking, or let it be a automatic repeat action.

5. i understand trap, mines and grenade are planned features, but i am asking if its possible to be place outside of the land claim but restricted to a certain range from it?

4. Not sure why not reply on the mini land claim, but i would like to further stress this mini landclaim is not for expansion, it should only allow building of defenses like walls, doors and if there is any automatic defense like tower, turrets alike.
the main idea is that since t3 t4 land claim is hard to come by, i can still plan ahead and place landclaim further away from the beginning and use mini landclaim to connect them until t3 land claim is researched to expand it for connection.

Swiur_Yngwi

Sanky, I like your suggestions a lot. But please keep in mind, that Cryofall was earlier made by 3 (three) people and I think still is. They just need time to introduce all new ideas along with keeping up all daily business. I am impressed how this game developed in past months so very big respect to the devs.

I especially like the idea of connecting "towns" with infrastructure. Road tiles, combined with mini landclaimers would be good. Even better, IMHO, as I am a big fan of trains, would be ....trains  :)

How I see it? Special tech to unlock the whole infrastructure. Expensive in LP, so only for a dedicated group of players. A team of "railroaders", that will built, maintain and provide paid services of transport from A to B.  Passengers and cargo. Why paid? To give more meaning to currency and trading goods in game.  The infrastructure itself (tracks, train station, etc) would have built in "landclimer" and a safe zone (no weapon, no hostile actions). To avoid the situation that a base will be surrounded by tracks, first two train stations need to be build, and the distance beetwen must be at least for example 500 tiles.

Or, when fraction is introduced, it could be in gesture of "Major" to order building a train station in their community. There are many possible solutions because the idea has a great potential, IMHO.

Swiur_Yngwi

Quote from: Sanky on December 11, 2019, 09:53:12 AM
Putting bottle in the well is a method, but if i need alot of water bottle now, i would prefer the 2 method i mentioned, either give us LP for our effort of continuously clicking, or let it be a automatic repeat action.

Very simple solution. Multiple wells + lots of bottles + storage barrels = infinite water

I still remember how to fill 600 bottles with see water to cook salt of it (before salt lakes were introduced it was pretty much the only way to get salt)  ;D

15 minutes of clicking on PVP  - quite an adventure  ;D

Sanky

Quote from: Swiur_Yngwi on December 12, 2019, 01:55:52 AM
But please keep in mind, that Cryofall was earlier made by 3 (three) people and I think still is.

But thn you proceed to suggest something even more aggressive, train and track stuff would be even harder to implement.

Quote from: Swiur_Yngwi on December 12, 2019, 02:05:34 AM
Very simple solution. Multiple wells + lots of bottles + storage barrels = infinite water

I still remember how to fill 600 bottles with see water to cook salt of it (before salt lakes were introduced it was pretty much the only way to get salt)  ;D

15 minutes of clicking on PVP  - quite an adventure  ;D

the concern is the action of filling bottle isnt giving any LP, wheres the meaningful action grant LP gone? and lots of well isnt a solution since space is limited.

you mean salt flat? the problem of them being only available in the desert also kill new player, its far, way more dangerous. as the map grow bigger, i still believe having real "salt lake" dotted around the center is a good idea.

Swiur_Yngwi

Quote from: Sanky on December 17, 2019, 02:21:23 AM
But thn you proceed to suggest something even more aggressive, train and track stuff would be even harder to implement.

I only wanted to point, that devs need time to work every idea through. Believe me, as far as I know them, they are open for every new suggestion and content.  Roads are very good idea, so may be trains. Cheers  :D