What mods would you like to see?

Started by Lurler, April 04, 2014, 10:39:40 AM

Lurler

I am wondering about mods. What mods would you like to see?
Also, does anyone planning on creating any?

DLirry

I'll start, if you don't mind =)

Personally, I'd like to see two mods:
1st one - Hard rock music replacer.
2nd - Ships from cool sci-fi universes, like Star Wars, Star Trek, Star Gate, Mass Effect etc.

What do you think?)
Doubting yourself is the only path to perfection

fastwings

mods to add more content to the game basic take quests and give them points or make u start as alien or stuff like that mostly add content what i care

CorusDaar

Hi Guys,

At this moment i feel that Mods would be a wasted exercise.

Rather get the factions and quests up and running 100% and get all the current ships more fleshed out with better ships, better guns and gear for them.

Polish the game until it's near perfect. Then give the community the modding tools and let them have fun.

Mods are something i feel only gets implemented when a game is completely done.

Ophidios

But the difference here is that getting factions and quests running is Atomic Torch's job.

Mods come from the community.

I don't see how the two conflict with one another.

daft73

Quote from: CorusDaar on April 28, 2014, 05:49:08 AM
Hi Guys,

At this moment i feel that Mods would be a wasted exercise.

Rather get the factions and quests up and running 100% and get all the current ships more fleshed out with better ships, better guns and gear for them.

Polish the game until it's near perfect. Then give the community the modding tools and let them have fun.

Mods are something i feel only gets implemented when a game is completely done.
I disagree, mods involve the community, which in turn brings more of a player base. With that player base comes fresh ideas, talent, and game growth, all of which are beneficial. ;) To close this off is like saying we have all the ideas we know all..blah, blah. Inviting in more ideas is not a wasted exercise, but good business practice.

fastwings

Quote from: daft73 on May 12, 2014, 09:38:54 AM
I disagree, mods involve the community, which in turn brings more of a player base. With that player base comes fresh ideas, talent, and game growth, all of which are beneficial. ;) To close this off is like saying we have all the ideas we know all..blah, blah. Inviting in more ideas is not a wasted exercise, but good business practice.
thus i both agree and disagree
agree that moding keep game alive and fun and with alot new content
disagree come for few thing so far i get the feeling

• thu the game is in somewhat play able state it lack badly basic content and alot more playable stuff to do as a basic
  • the modding from any game community need good wiki and more documented as well more active developers of the game in the forum see projectzomboid that i been from when they almost start i mean developers there been active make the modding community by spamming guilds and howto and tools and what not as well what mostly missing here is see them as well starbound they let know they players what they working (no need tell deadline this bad also give bad feeling to all) but thu that make the game and players with expedition what they going to have:)
  • u missing address most importent issue new player what to know what going be when and if u going to steam do u send player steam key if u going accepted or not:)

i must add your game have very good constpat style and most of all its good and fun you just work more with both your community and add alot more content and most of all work on the wiki at start let them know the api let them know what and how do staff 

well that was my two cents:)

daft73

Quote from: fastwings on May 12, 2014, 12:00:31 PM
thus i both agree and disagree
agree that moding keep game alive and fun and with alot new content
disagree come for few thing so far i get the feeling

• thu the game is in somewhat play able state it lack badly basic content and alot more playable stuff to do as a basic
  • the modding from any game community need good wiki and more documented as well more active developers of the game in the forum see projectzomboid that i been from when they almost start i mean developers there been active make the modding community by spamming guilds and howto and tools and what not as well what mostly missing here is see them as well starbound they let know they players what they working (no need tell deadline this bad also give bad feeling to all) but thu that make the game and players with expedition what they going to have:)
  • u missing address most importent issue new player what to know what going be when and if u going to steam do u send player steam key if u going accepted or not:)

i must add your game have very good constpat style and most of all its good and fun you just work more with both your community and add alot more content and most of all work on the wiki at start let them know the api let them know what and how do staff 

well that was my two cents:)
I can see that English is not your native tongue, so I'm having some trouble understanding your points..(no offense) One other game that I'm following, which is also in Alpha is  Rimworld (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0). That game, which the first public Alpha was November 2013, has a massive mod collection. The dev is working closely with the modders...and it has been rather successful. Both the dev and the modders are working in sync, and the developer is loving the ideas, freshness, and drive that his game is creating. Might be worth a gander to see what I mean. The game itself is vastly differing, but that in itself is not so important.

Lurler

Well, I've gotta say that if anyone does decide to make a big mod they can be sure we will try to help. And if they need some extra functions implemented for that - sure.
As for a wiki, we do have a wiki http://wiki.atomictorch.com/Main_Page but we need your help in filling it with content.

fastwings

Quote from: Lurler on May 12, 2014, 07:13:02 PM
Well, I've gotta say that if anyone does decide to make a big mod they can be sure we will try to help. And if they need some extra functions implemented for that - sure.
As for a wiki, we do have a wiki http://wiki.atomictorch.com/Main_Page but we need your help in filling it with content.
small tip add bit in deep tutrial
like that
http://rimworldwiki.com/Modding_Tutorials
that help ppl understand how to script
or what and where to do:) that what i try to say the wiki at  moment very weak and undocumented
for do much moding

DLirry

Totally agree.
Now wiki is just an incomplete documentation. What we need is tutorials.
And we will provide them, we just need to create the game first)
Doubting yourself is the only path to perfection