Why are there so many things that are useless?

Started by Yakumozero, June 06, 2019, 11:06:07 AM

Yakumozero

I am Chinese, I am not good at English.
Even if I use mechanical translation, I still have to say
Why are there so many things that are useless?
leather,wire,we don't need so many.
so why we just dismantling or decomposition useless things?
Guys,You really need to look "RUST"、"7DAYS TO DIES". :'(
and last one.
How many people are willing to spend their time on improving technology and skills?
just think about.Are you willing to see someone just to improve a certain skill in the server AFK?
If this is the way you let the players stay and play,i got say,Pathetic.

Rokhan

I find the game to be much more engaging than others BECAUSE of the tech tree and skills. Character growth is an important element for me to stay engaged!

As far as resources, I have commented MANY times to my friends in game... Cryofall does a better job than any survival game so far in ensuring that resources do not become useless over time.

It seems like you wanted a different kind of game than what Cryofall is

Yakumozero

First of all, I think your friend said that you are very lucky.
My friend satirizes this so-called earth technology,and by the way laughed at this alien setting.It can be said that all the technologies in the skills are the technologies owned by the earth.
Have you tried to tell your friend that this is an adventure on the earth outside?
Except for the scorpion, these are monsters and creatures that can be seen on Earth.
Maybe I should tell my friends that you didn't learn about Defense 4 and Energy Weapons 1. Is there anything that can be called an alien adventure?
So you think how do I recommend this game to friends who have played Subnautica and Oxygen Not Included?
He would say, "This is an adventure on an alien called Earth."

Lurler

Quote from: Yakumozero on June 06, 2019, 06:53:55 PM
My friend satirizes this so-called earth technology,and by the way laughed at this alien setting.It can be said that all the technologies in the skills are the technologies owned by the earth.
Have you tried to tell your friend that this is an adventure on the earth outside?
The game is set on another planed that was colonized and terraformed, which is why it looks similar to earth.

Plus it is a game. It is not meant to be realistic, it is meant to be fun! :)

But I certainly understand what you mean and we do plan to add a lot more different alien stuff. Please just understand that the game just came out a couple of month ago into early access and there is still a lot more work left for us.

Yakumozero

I didn't see the disassembly system in the Development Roadmap.
So after the next version update, if I get a lot of fur and rope, can I just throw it all over the floor?

Lurler

Quote from: Yakumozero on June 07, 2019, 01:07:35 AM
I didn't see the disassembly system in the Development Roadmap.
So after the next version update, if I get a lot of fur and rope, can I just throw it all over the floor?
We have a trash can in the game which you can build to dispose of unnecessary items :)