Suggested improvements for UI/controls

Started by Thorn, February 13, 2020, 08:17:37 AM

Thorn

First, thanks for looking at my post, really keen on seeing if this could be implemented so i will keep this succinct and to the point.

• Map marker: If i could place a temporary map marker on a location i would like to go or allow my teammates to head to (waypoints would be nice)

• Hotkey for discarding items

• Containers being labelled

• Researching/crafting materials: Instead of hunting down for the material in your own base, could this not show on the research/weapon/workbench screen.

• Research tree: Could the locked trees be viewable so i could have a preview throughout the tiers 1-5?

• Faster travel on roads: Could imagine a lot more interesting pvp encounters being orchestrated.

• refinery: something to melt down tools etc into their basic components. Forgive me if this is available, the research tree won't allow me to preview the higher tiers

• Random: Use rotten food/herbs to poison water

Downloaded and purchased the demo game 3 days ago and like it.

Edited have just checked "the road map"

Lurler

Quote from: Thorn on February 13, 2020, 08:17:37 AM
Map marker: If i could place a temporary map marker on a location i would like to go or allow my teammates to head to (waypoints would be nice)
Yes, this is planned eventually when we rework the map menu.

Hotkey for discarding items
Actually there is already one ;)
Just open the inventory and press "help" or "shortcuts" and there's a bunch of different shortcuts, including to discard an item.

Containers being labelled
Yes, this is also planned.

Faster travel on roads: Could imagine a lot more interesting pvp encounters being orchestrated.
Roads provide +10% speed bonus (or was it 15%? :) )

There's a bunch of other things we are planning to add.
Please take a look at our roadmap:
https://trello.com/b/B5ckffAW/cryofall-development-roadmap

Thorn

What about the part, where the workbench can remotely see what you have available in your bases containers so i don't have to physically collect them?

Thanks for the fast reply btw

ai_enabled

Quote from: Thorn on February 15, 2020, 10:23:37 AMWhat about the part, where the workbench can remotely see what you have available in your bases containers so i don't have to physically collect them?
While it's relatively simple to implement for a singleplayer game, for a multiplayer game it's much harder. Plus it will require way more data to transfer to the client-side and most of it will be rarely useful, which is a problem if we want to optimize the server to handle hundreds of online players (in some countries where we're renting the hardware to host the official game servers we're paying for (very limited) bandwidth or even for traffic and it's already very tough).

Regards!