Unlocking T3/T4

Started by Alibaba, March 19, 2020, 07:55:14 AM

Alibaba

удалено

ai_enabled

Hello!

Благодарю за идеи и предложения. Оригинальный текст ответа на русском языке ниже, а здесь оригинал (всё-таки форум на английском языке).

1. The approach you have proposed regarding the technologies research is much more complicated since it will require significantly reworking the mechanics (implementing the learning slots that requires time to research)...this is not only a radical change in mechanics and a considerable effort to implement, I can see one major issue right awayΓÇöthe game has a huge number of technologies (more than 300) and if players need to wait each time to complete the research in order to start learning the next technology, it will get boring very quickly. If you apply this approach only to tiers 3-4, this will not resolve the issue and additionally create a problem "why did the T1-T2 research so quickly, and then I need to suddenly wait and wait so long?"
In addition, it encourages those players who can constantly play, because they will be able to start learning the following technologies as soon as previous is completed their research. And, for example, a player who plays only a couple of hours a day, puts a few technologies to study (by a number of available slots) and goes offline for a day will research much fewer technologies...then players will request us to implement research queues to fix this issue, which will make the whole mechanic unreasonably complicated.

So for A26, we're considering the idea which I've proposed in DiscordΓÇötechnology groups in T3-4 become available for everyone for research a few days after the wipe. This is likely already a great measure to allow players some time to appreciate early PvP (with T1-T2 tech level) and will prevent speedrunners from ruining the game for everyone else. And players that are joining late are not suffering due to these limits.

2. Regarding the "Well rested" daily bonusΓÇöone of the players in Discord gave advice not to go along with the "x2 LP / Skill in the first hour" because experienced players during this hour will squeeze the maximum from this bonus by additionally applying prepared boosts, etc...which contradicts the very idea of introducing this bonus.
Therefore, we are already redoing the bonus so that it gives a maximum of additional (for example) 100 LP per day. Thus, if you play rarely and accumulate this bonus, it will decrease not during the online time but with each LP received by a small percent.

3. As for the inverse dependence of LP on the skill level, this has already been doneΓÇöa skill of the maximum level gives only 33% of the LP that a player would receive for the same action if she had a skill of level zero (linear formula, e.g. level 10 gives ~66% LP). Otherwise, with increased efficiency (faster chopping/mining), players would earn LP much faster. However, in the latter stages of the game, this is compensated due to the Learning skill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Russian:
Здравствуйте!

1. Предложенный вами подход с изучением технологий значительно более трудный, т. к. потребует существенно переработать механику (сделать слоты изучения, затрачивающие время)... это не только резкое изменение механики и немалый объём работы — как минимум, я сходу вижу одну проблему: в игре огромное число технологий (более 300) и если игрокам потребуется каждый раз ожидать завершения изучения, чтобы запустить изучение следующей технологии, это очень быстро надоест. Если же применять данный подход только к рангам 3-4, то это не сильно исправит ситуацию и дополнительно создаст проблему "а почему Т1-Т2 так быстро открывались, а тут нужно вдруг ждать и ждать так долго?"
К тому же это поощряет тех игроков, которые могут постоянно играть, ведь они смогут запускать изучение следующих технологий как можно раньше после завершения текущего изучения. А, например, игрок, который играет только пару часов в день, поставит несколько технологий на изучение (сколько слотов хватит) и уйдёт на день, только чтобы поставить изучение чего-то следующего на день позже. Тогда уже напрашиваются очереди изучения технологий, что автоматически усложнит игру непонятно ради чего...

Поэтому пока мы просто рассматриваем идею сделать как я описывал в Дискорде — технологические группы в рангах 3 и 4 открываются (становятся доступны для изучения всем) через несколько дней после вайпа. Этого уже достаточно чтобы контент игры из рангов 1-2 более размерянно потреблялся и не было дизбаланса из-за спидраннеров.

2. По поводу дневного бонуса "Well rested" ("хорошо отдохнул") — как было заметно в Дискорде, один из игроков быстро дал совет не идти путём "x2 LP/Skill в первый час" т. к. за этот час опытные игроки будут выжимать максимум возможного дополнительно применяя заготовленные бусты и т. д. чтобы максимизировать профит, что противоречит самой идее введения данного бонуса.
Поэтому мы уже переделываем бонус, чтобы он давал максимум дополнительные (к примеру!) 100 LP в сутки. Таким образом если играть редко и накапливать данный бонус, то он будет снижаться не за время в онлайне, а с каждым получаемым LP на небольшую величину.

3. Насчёт обратной зависимости LP от уровня навыка — это уже сделано: навык максимального уровня даёт только 33% от LP который игрок бы получил бы за такое же действие будь у него навык нулевого уровня (зависимость линейная, скажем 10-ый уровень даёт ~66% LP). Иначе с повышением эффективности (более быстрая рубка) игроки бы сильно быстрее зарабатывали LP. Однако на поздних стадиях игры это несколько компенсируется в целом за счёт навыка Обучаемость (Learning).

Regards!

Alibaba

I completely agree. When I formulated my thoughts on paper, I read all this, I realized that these changes would bring little to the game at a high cost for their implementation, and so I deleted them after 10 minutes so as not to distract the developers.

Weaknesses in the game are known: lack of goals, poor social component, lack of content (most players leave the server for 10-14 days because there is nothing more to do). I have high expectations for the A26 and future improvements. The game has great potential.