Character Name on Creation / Start.

Started by Kane Hart, August 19, 2018, 12:02:00 PM

Kane Hart

I would like to offer the suggestion that when you start on a server you have a slight character start screen that you have now with what you can change but maybe also the ability to create a one time name.

Why? Well right now if I recall the Character is based on a Unique Name that you created with AtomicTorch. Now if you wanted to play a server and be more anon about it and not know your the great Bob Ross it be nice that your character name could reflect something else. The Master List (server) would still see you as Kane_Hart so if you did bad, etc admins can keep you banned, etc. But Characters will not know who you are and what your main user is.

Now I feel like this should be an optional feature via server settings. Meaning that you can force account name or have the option to make the character name.

Now if this entire thing not too hard this could give you an opportunity to create an actual character system as in character links to the user main account and when deleting and create a new character all the old properties, etc in the world would not work for that player anymore it would been locked to the ID that it had created. I'm a bit tired and blabbing on but I'm sure it makes sense to someone else out there :P

Lurler

Quote from: Kane Hart on August 19, 2018, 12:02:00 PM
I would like to offer the suggestion that when you start on a server you have a slight character start screen that you have now with what you can change but maybe also the ability to create a one time name.
Having a special character screen when you join a server is certainly planned for the future!
We just didn't have time to implement the character creation screen yet. But it will be either in A16 or A17 (most likely) for sure.

But you can actually change your character appearance even now. There is a button in the options and you can press it to open character customization screen.

As for one-time-use names it will probably not be possible, since this username is tied to your account to prevent impersonation by other players. It will create chaos if people can use random names on each server. But I'm sure there will be mods to enable that anyway even if we don't add this option :)

harmoni001

The customization is great! But what happened to the female body? My character has a female head with a male buff body... Hope to see that fixed... Cheers.

ai_enabled

harmoni001, alas, we have tried but were unable to implement a proper female body. It's very hard to make it look great with our art style which favors wide shoulders and waist, but small legs - female body shapes are expected to be quite different to look good and it's even more challenging when we also need to implement all the animations and make them look right...
It will also require redrawing most sprites for equipment (such as torso armor sprite) to fit the female body, and we have plenty of such sprites.

This feature is in our roadmap and you can vote for it here https://trello.com/c/rZ4uIkrA/44-new-female-character-model-for-players

Regards!