Ships name/types. Наименование/типы кораблей.(ENG/RUS)

Started by Samui, August 28, 2014, 07:14:20 AM

Samui

For english speakers:

Hello, here I'll try to explain my vision of what kind of ships should be in game based on standart(common) space ships classification(spacesims, rts, naval, e.t.c.).
But, first of all, I need to thank you dev's for all great work you already done. Even now game looks awesome and eats your time while playing like langoliers  ;) Remind me old good SR.
Now to work:
1. Game should start from fighters/corvettes, not frigates, even small ones. When you can run to top ship class (cruiser) just for one day - not good.
2. Ships named in game frigates looks and feels like corvettes.
3. There should be separate ship classes for civils like cargo ships (small, medium, big), passenger liners and others.
4. You need to add more civilian npc like it was in SR: diplomats, liners, may be some freelancers. You can add some trade corporations as factions for traders. Also would be nice to see some police officers scanning your cargo for some illegal goods and fighting pirates.
Something about multiplayer:
1. Would be great if you give us server with map as big as it possible (at least double size of maximum map in single player).
2. If you guys make possible to create own clans/factions/corporations ΓÇô game can attract some big clans like Chaos, The Wolves, Insane, North Bears, e. t. c. Especially if they can fight for systems colonization and build there their own stations.
3. I believe that Void Expanse can be more than just good SR heir. Your game can kill EVE someday, if you donΓÇÖt stop development and choose right way.

With best regards.
{gone to shoot down some alien scum} ;D

Для русскоговорящих:

Здравствуйте, в этом топике я попробую изложить своё видение того какие классы кораблей должны быть в игре основываясь на общепринятой классификации космических кораблей (космосимы, стратегии, флот и т.п.).
Но, сперва, хотел бы поблагодарить разработчиков за всю ту замечательную работу уже проделанную ими на данный момент. Даже сейчас игра выглядит замечательно и пожирает моё время во время игры прямо как лангольеры ;) Напомнило мне старых добрых КР.
Приступим:
1. Хотелось бы начинать игру с истребителей/корветов, но никак не фрегатов, пусть даже малых. Не лучший вариант когда игрок может дойти до сильнейшего класса (крейсеры) всего за один день.
2. Корабли которые вы назвали в игре фрегатами, более походят на корветы. По своим характеристикам и огневой мощи они даже не приближаются к фрегатам.
3. Хотелось бы видеть в игре отдельные классы гражданских кораблей таких как грузовые корабли, пассажирские лайнеры и другие.
4. Следует добавить больше гражданских npc по примеру тех же КР: дипломаты, лайнеры, может какие-либо вольнонаёмники. Так же неплохо было бы видеть полицейских сканирующих ваш груз на предмет контрабанды у прыжковых ворот и сражающихся с пиратами.
Немного про мультиплеер:
1. Было бы замечательно если вы запустите сервер с картой большой на столько, на сколько это вообще возможно (хотя бы в два раза больше максимальной из одиночного режима).
2. Если вы дадите игрокам возможность создавать кланы/фракции/корпорации – в игру могут прийти большие кланы такие как Хаос, Волки, Инсейны, Северные мишки и т.д. Особенно если они смогут сражаться за системы, колонизировать их и застраивать своими станциями.
3. Я верю в то что Void Expanse может стать большим чем просто хороший наследник КР. В один прекрасный день ваша игра убьёт «Еву» если вы не остановитесь на достигнутом и выберете верный путь.

С наилучшими пожеланиями.
{ушел отстреливать пришельцев} ;D

p.s. Does spoilers work here? [spoiler=spoilername]didn't help[/spoliler] =(
p.s.2 Я чув що серед розробників є українці, чи це правда?)
I heard that among developers are Ukrainians, is that true?)

Hammish

Not to toot my own horn, but I actually used some of your ideas in my mod.  You should check it out over in the mods section, BTC. :)

But yeah, I felt the same way with regards to corvettes, so all the lighter ships are classified as that in mine.  Frigates are the mid-sized and tend to be jacks-of-all-trades, and cruisers are in general the larger stuff with more of a strategic outlook.  I didn't go so far as to make the civvie ships different classes/skills but they do have their own size branch, with currently a smaller and medium-sized one in there.  Large will be forthcoming, I just don't know exactly how to work it yet.

Samui

Thank you for reply.
Good thing to find somebody who have same or similar ideas, Ill check your mod with pleasure as soon as I can :)

Hammish

No prob.  :)  Let me know what you think of the balance between size classes, too, if you would.

I liked the rest of your ideas, too; things for me to consider once the basic mod is done (still have plenty of stuff to do when it comes to customization, heh.)  Especially the more populated civilian sectors.

Lurler

Samui, welcome to the forums! Glad you enjoy the game.

To answer your questions:
Hopefully we will be able to add more ship classes later on and then separate them into more detailed classes.
About the ship roles. Actually there already are: freighter ships and engineering ships. We plan to have even more later.
And many other things will be added in the future versions! So we definitely plan to extend the game more and more.

reply to your ps - Так, це правда:) Наш художник - з Одеси (Yes, that is true, our artist is from Odesa)

Samui

А я дивуюсь чого це арти такі колоритні, переказуйте вітання йому з Дніпра. ;)
I was wondering why your arts so racy, give my regards to him from Dnipropetrovsk ;)

Thank you for welcoming, you have a great atmosphere here.

If you need some extra help with localizations to russian, ukrainian and, may be, french - me and my wife have some free time. ;)

p.s. Sorry for signature, Chaos just not commercial corporation and I thought it would work, but it's ok. {left to cry in my pillow T_T} :)

Lurler

Hahaha,  we never noticed about the title colors. But it is honestly a pure coincidence :) We wanted blue because it is "space" and yellow/orange because it has good contract with blue.
PS - if you are going to include messages in languages other than english please provide english translations as it is English only forum.

As for game translation - thank you, but for Russian and Ukrainian I hope we can manage ourselves. But we could definitely use some help with other languages.

Samui

QuotePS - if you are going to include messages in languages other than english please provide english translations as it is English only forum.

Done.

QuoteAs for game translation - thank you, but for Russian and Ukrainian I hope we can manage ourselves. But we could definitely use some help with other languages.

In any case you know where to find me ;)