[0.9.9]Pirates with perfect tan and more.

Started by Samui, September 01, 2014, 07:05:49 AM

Samui

1. Strange pirates.
Every time I create new game universe there is some system with crazy pirates that most of all love to stay under sun radiation.
(http://img.chaos-online.ru/rN8)
(http://img.chaos-online.ru/rNB)

2. How rescue somebody without exeting your home!
Once again I was taked Kidnappers quest in new game.
(http://img.chaos-online.ru/rNw)
But for the first time I decide to shoot some pirates by the way to quest point. What was my amazement wnen game told me that I picked up hostage after 2nd looted pirate. As a result quest completed without traveling even some parsecs from base.

3. Combat reward system.
Please give us exp reward for damage done, not for lust hit. Situations when you blow up enemy rockets close to their ships and get no reward after they die in that explosion really annoying.

With best regards. 

FlessenGreendart

I just noticed that with the pirates earlier. Also worth noting that the pirates don't take any kind of radiation damage.

ai_enabled

Thanks for reporting! Will be fixed with the next release.

Lurler

ai_enabled

Issues #1 & 2 are fixed, but #3 requires extra rework (and serious reconsidering) how the battle system works. We will continue working on it later.
Patch will be available soon.

Samui

I glad that you guys are some kind of workaholics :) Thank's for bug fixing.

One more question:
why I can't add translation to characters names/descriptions, there is no russian font for them in game? Becouse when I add russian characters description all that I get in game just "? ? ? ? ?" instead of russian letters. But with other text everething ok, so far.

Lurler

As it is now the game is not intended to be localized yet. We are working on special system for localization to simplify it and make it completely independent of the game data itself. So, really,  just wait a little bit and we will prepare a proper localization system :)

Samui

Quote from: Lurler on September 05, 2014, 09:45:12 PM
As it is now the game is not intended to be localized yet. We are working on special system for localization to simplify it and make it completely independent of the game data itself. So, really,  just wait a little bit and we will prepare a proper localization system :)

Does localization folder have some reference to that?))) I better not just wait for it. I'll try to make maximum possible for now work, so I can finish all remaining faster when you release localization system.

ai_enabled

Hello! It has a little reference to the "Localization" folder. We need to bind all labels from UI to the UI localization file (and there are hundreds of labels), and yes, this file will be stored in the "Localization" folder. But the game is not only UI, there are also names and descriptions of the items, topics texts and some other texts you can read in the game. So we will introduce special kind of localization files for all these files (and each of them will be located not in the "Localization" folder - but beside file it localizes). It's very complicated work for us, but when we done it, you and other contributors will be able to easily translate the game on any language (but only with left-to-right up-down writing direction). So please do not do extra work now, keep your passion before we release all this stuff :-).
Regards!