Offline Mode

Started by Tycow, April 03, 2014, 02:21:35 PM

Tycow

Hi guys,

I bought this game as it looks awesome, and that it would run on my laptop I use for gaming when travelling for work. A lot of the time I will be disconnected from the internet.

I tried to play whilst disconnected from the internet only to find that the "Cannot connect to Master Server" option to Play Offline left me at the same screen over and over.

I take it you have plans to implement this properly? :)

Tycow

Lurler

I am really sorry you've encountered that problem. It really shouldn't have happened...

We are working like crazy this week to fix all reported bugs :)
So don't worry we will fix all the issues that has been reported, including this one. And thank you for letting us know!

Also for clarification - Once you run it at least once with the internet to download your profile. Then you don't need the internet to play the game, certainly. Only if you intend to play in multiplayer.

Tycow

Cracking stuff. :)

Really enjoying the game; starting off was tough, but I'm enjoying pirate hunting now. :D

Lurler

Quote from: Tycow on April 04, 2014, 01:04:39 AM
Cracking stuff. :)
Really enjoying the game; starting off was tough, but I'm enjoying pirate hunting now. :D
Glad to hear that :)
Look forward to the update!

JiminyJickers

Has this issue been solved yet?

I know this is old, but I can't seem to see if it has been fixed to allow offline mode now.  I saw the ad for this game on Rock Paper Shotgun and it definitely tickles my fancy.  Would like to buy it, if it is possible to play in offline mode.

Hellwarlord

Greetings.

Unfortunately, if game will not require internet connection in order to play, it will become much more easier to crack it and as you may understand whenever someone cracks product and gets it for free it is the worst case scenario for the publishing company.

Regards,

Hellwarlord.

JiminyJickers

Quote from: Hellwarlord on August 04, 2014, 04:48:56 AM
Greetings.

Unfortunately, if game will not require internet connection in order to play, it will become much more easier to crack it and as you may understand whenever someone cracks product and gets it for free it is the worst case scenario for the publishing company.

Regards,

Hellwarlord.

So are you saying that there is no offline mode anymore?  I hope not, but if so, I will spend my money elsewhere. 

Always online DRM is wrong, it doesn't allow you to play games in the future.  I am at the moment replaying Wing Commander Privateer, if it had online DRM then it would be unlikely that I could play it again.

ai_enabled

JiminyJickers, hello and welcome to Forums!
As Lurler said above, if you run it at least once with the internet to download your profile, then you don't need the internet to play the game, certainly. Only if you intend to play in multiplayer.
So download it, run it and every launch after that you can play in offline without any problems.
Regards!

Lurler

Edit: I was ninjad :)
Anyway, below is my original message.

---
No. You don't need an internet connection to play. And there is definitely no DRM!

And again to clarify. You need to run the game at least once with the proper internet connection to download your profile. After than you don't need the internet connection at all.

We have rewritten significant portion of these communication parts, so it really should work even with poor internet connection now.

Could you try and let me know if it works for you now?

JiminyJickers

Thanks, sounds promising.  Just to clarify what you mean by download your profile, is this just the game you are downloading?  Or do you have to activate it every time you want to install it?  If so, I may give it a miss and then look into it again if you get it released on another service.

I hope you guys make it as a company, but I don't want to be stopped from being able to install and play this game if you guy go out of business and close down your servers.