Trading Stations

Started by p0ki, May 13, 2018, 12:25:36 PM

p0ki

TLDR: Please lower the cost for the small trading station by cutting the required electronical components in half

Hi Atomic-Team,
thanks for the last update with trading stations. They can do what they promote and are solid enough to be left in the wild. So far I have no worries to leave a bunch of coins or items in them. The buying and selling sounds (from VoidExpanse am i right?) are good and I like to hammer down that mousebotton to sell all my stuff.

But we need to talk about the building cost. Ten electronical components are really much and since radtowns are not really worth going to (so far) the only way of obtaining electronical components is through lithium. Five components take 10 lithium ingots which by itself takes 10 lithium "powder", so currently we need 200 lithium to get those components. Each lithium takes about 100 seconds to produces, which means 5,5 hours to make one single trading station. But you need two trading stations to buy/sell items and that means 11 hours of waiting near the lithium mine. If you think you can get this over night, then be aware that a stack of lithium powder tops out at 250, therefore you need to empty it every 7 hours.

My Idea to ease the pain would be to lower the electronical components to half on the small trading station, that way we see more players to have trading stations sooner. And I get to hear that cool trading sound more often 8)

Regards, p0ki

ps: Where do you think the turnstile is suitable besides someone making a huge wall?

Lurler

Thank you, these are very solid arguments.
I will go over them one by one.

Quote from: p0ki on May 13, 2018, 12:25:36 PM
thanks for the last update with trading stations. They can do what they promote and are solid enough to be left in the wild. So far I have no worries to leave a bunch of coins or items in them.
Great, this is what we want for the time being. But when we add automated turrets to protect your base then we might consider lowering their durability.

The buying and selling sounds (from VoidExpanse am i right?) are good and I like to hammer down that mousebotton to sell all my stuff.
Yup, that is correct :)

But we need to talk about the building cost. Ten electronical components are really much and since radtowns are not really worth going to (so far) the only way of obtaining electronical components is through lithium. Five components take 10 lithium ingots which by itself takes 10 lithium "powder", so currently we need 200 lithium to get those components. Each lithium takes about 100 seconds to produces, which means 5,5 hours to make one single trading station. But you need two trading stations to buy/sell items and that means 11 hours of waiting near the lithium mine. If you think you can get this over night, then be aware that a stack of lithium powder tops out at 250, therefore you need to empty it every 7 hours.
All of your calculations seem to be correct. However we do still think that the main source of obtaining any components (including electronic components) should be rad towns. You can get as much as 15 IIRC in a single crate. This ability to craft them is just an alternative if you only missing a few and really need to create them right away without going on excursion.
To make it simpler we are also adding low-tier anti-radiation equipment (respirator) that would allow even new players to explore rad towns. Plus we are making them more scaled so it's easier to raid lower-level rad towns.
There will be 3 tiers:
- top tier with full radiation
- mid tier with only half of the radiation
- and low tier with only quarter of the radiation
With this new respirator you would be able to easily loot low tier rad towns and even make quick runs into mid tier.

My Idea to ease the pain would be to lower the electronical components to half on the small trading station, that way we see more players to have trading stations sooner. And I get to hear that cool trading sound more often 8)
I will probably lower lithium requirements for electronic components as it seems a bit excessive indeed.

ps: Where do you think the turnstile is suitable besides someone making a huge wall?
For now there won't be much use for it, so we are not adding it now, but when we have things like power charging station, medical station and other stations that you can allow other players to use for a fee it would make sense to make "paid admission" to premises to use those services.
Although, you can technically do that even now. Build a large base with all crafting stations and put a turnstile there to allow people to access these crafting stations conveniently for a small fee rather than building all of them themselves.