Have you joined any faction?

Started by Lurler, June 04, 2014, 03:40:04 AM

Lurler

Has anyone joined any faction and completed all available quests from them?
Have you tried Order / Freedom?
What is your opinion on the quests we currently have in the game? (there are around 12 faction quests)
Any other thoughts on the quests and dialogues in the game so far?

BobTheFish

Enjoying Void Expanse a lot so far! Mostly have just been flying around and fighting and doing the occasional basic quest. I haven't joined a faction yet because I was hoping to join Fanatics. I flew to their territory but couldn't enter their station because the default faction (No Faction) has -100 relationship with them. Is there a way I can get favour with Fanatics so I can join them?

Lurler

Quote from: BobTheFish on June 06, 2014, 02:37:15 AM
Enjoying Void Expanse a lot so far! Mostly have just been flying around and fighting and doing the occasional basic quest. I haven't joined a faction yet because I was hoping to join Fanatics. I flew to their territory but couldn't enter their station because the default faction (No Faction) has -100 relationship with them. Is there a way I can get favour with Fanatics so I can join them?
Right now you can only join Order and Freedom. We decided to finish these two factions initially since most of the players will be joining these. And later on we will add quests and ability to join Fanatics as well.
So I think you can join one of the two available factions for now. And then when we release the update with fanatics you can join them.

BobTheFish

Thanks for the info, I'll do that. The new quest system is great, I hadn't played much before the update but I did notice the difference and I think it's better.

Hardenberg

Are there Any plans for making the pirate faction joinable? Or are they only there to provide a steady supply of cannon fodder?

The faction quests and the writing so far were pretty good; it would probably be nice to have some "special" non-faction missions as well, in addition to the randomized ones you can get from the station commanders.

Lurler

Quote from: Hardenberg on July 05, 2014, 06:57:28 PM
Are there Any plans for making the pirate faction joinable? Or are they only there to provide a steady supply of cannon fodder?
Certainly not now as we would like to focus on three existing main factions. But if everything goes well with the game then we will definitely consider this option. It might be very interesting story playing as one of the pirates :)
We have also finished all starting quests for the Fanatics faction which you can join in the new update that we will release soon.

Quote from: Hardenberg on July 05, 2014, 06:57:28 PM
The faction quests and the writing so far were pretty good; it would probably be nice to have some "special" non-faction missions as well, in addition to the randomized ones you can get from the station commanders.
Yup, we plan these once we have the main storyline complete. There will be random NPC spawned in the world that will give you some non plot related missions and they will be different in each new galaxy you generate.

southbound

Having a bit of a problem with joining the Freedom faction - the recruiter says I have to get four influential members in the home system to trust me. So far, so good.

There's a mercenary on one station, got him to trust me by completing a mission. On the second station there are two brokers, one got me to try and plant some stolen information on the other, and I doublecrossed him and ratted him out to the station commander. So I have the other broker and the station commander who trust me - so that's three.

But there's no other named characters in the system, and I've done a few missions for the other station commanders, but the recruiter keeps saying I've only got three.

Anything I'm missing here? Did I blow my chance to join by not picking the right moves with the brokers mission?

edit to add: the third station in the system has a named NPC as well but he has no quests available.

edit edit: Ah. Turns out there were quests available in other systems.

Lurler

Quote from: southbound on July 19, 2014, 09:47:42 PM
edit edit: Ah. Turns out there were quests available in other systems.
Right :)
There are NPCs in different faction systems, so you have to do some exploring if you want to find all of them.
Later there will be even more of them of course.