Research ideas

Started by CB_avatar, December 10, 2019, 02:00:02 PM

CB_avatar

Hi, I've only been playing for a few days so I'm not yet an expert.  I had a few ideas I'd like to post from the early game, at least from a PVE perspective.

The ammo for different firearms currently unlocks in the same tier research as the firearm itself.  I think you'd have more chances to trade and improve the economy if ammunition for all the firearms opened up early.  Players would have some incentive to trade or purchase for a pistol if they can make ammo themselves.  Also, for teams the junior members could get involved making ammunition early even for T2 / T3 weapons.

The repairs, I like that the Tinker bench adds the quality of the two weapons, then adds 10% ... it would be nice to have an option to repair with just the duct tape for less of the repair bonus.  Maybe half.  It's just inconvenient to finally build a nice shotgun but then have to craft another when it degrades, save both, and then repair them together.  It's a hassle and not fun.

The chat system is inconvenient, with the different tabs for different content.  I'd prefer all the chats show up in one window, with a different color or a different number in front of the channel. 

Also with chats, the party system at 10 people is too small.  Maybe we could have the ability to create custom channels that people opt-in / opt-out from but with a larger limit (or no limit).

As far as objects in the world, I like the chests made from wood / iron / steel but I think it would be nice to add a label (like the sign) but directly to the chest.

The skills leveling up right now isn't really exciting.  I guess you'll get a lot of suggestions how to make them more interesting, but for now it's just grindy without much to show for level 20.

It's a great game so far, I really do like it - keep up the good work.  I trust you guys to make an awesome game   :)

Lurler

Quote from: CB_avatar on December 10, 2019, 02:00:02 PM
The repairs, I like that the Tinker bench adds the quality of the two weapons, then adds 10% ... it would be nice to have an option to repair with just the duct tape for less of the repair bonus.  Maybe half.  It's just inconvenient to finally build a nice shotgun but then have to craft another when it degrades, save both, and then repair them together.  It's a hassle and not fun.
Then it would be necessary to specify the repair price for every single item in the game of which there are hundreds. It is practically impossible to do.
While if you combine two items together to repair - it avoids this problem entirely.
Plus, if you advance the repair skill you will actually get +30% bonus to condition.
And in the next version we plan to adjust the balance further, making repair even better.

The chat system is inconvenient, with the different tabs for different content.  I'd prefer all the chats show up in one window, with a different color or a different number in front of the channel. 

Also with chats, the party system at 10 people is too small.  Maybe we could have the ability to create custom channels that people opt-in / opt-out from but with a larger limit (or no limit).
Yes, we are definitely planning to expand and improve the chat system.

As far as objects in the world, I like the chests made from wood / iron / steel but I think it would be nice to add a label (like the sign) but directly to the chest.
Yes, that's the plan eventually :)
Not sure when, though.

The skills leveling up right now isn't really exciting.  I guess you'll get a lot of suggestions how to make them more interesting, but for now it's just grindy without much to show for level 20.
Well,  you don't really need to grind the skills, there is no reason to :)
Skills are just little extra to make any activity more rewarding, since you know that you also getting experience towards a particular skill when you perform this activity.

It's a great game so far, I really do like it - keep up the good work.  I trust you guys to make an awesome game   :)
Thank you!
We will keep working hard and hopefully CryoFall will become even more fun with each future version! :)