VoidExpanse Linux Display Issue

Started by ButtonMash, January 24, 2016, 02:44:26 PM

ButtonMash

I recently purchased VoidExpanse on Steam. I have yet to be able to play it. The first time it loaded up I mistakenly hit quit while trying to get past the login. Subsequently it loads up on my secondary monitor on the left, and then switches back to my main monitor on the right, with a completely black screen. I can hear the music, but can see nothing.

Funtoo Linux (Stable)
16gigs RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 (proprietary drivers)

ai_enabled

Hello!
Thanks for reporting.
Yes, we knew about the issue and it discussed here (at the end of topic):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/324260/discussions/1/451851477875414926/?tscn=1453655426
Could you try switching on v1.6.0 as I posted at the Steam topic? We need to knew if the issue was introduced by updating on Unity 5.3 (v1.6.0 was built with Unity 5.2) or the problem is with the latest NVIDIA drivers.

Regards!

ButtonMash

I switched to the old version. It started up on the leftmost monitor as before, but displayed a logo, stretched out because it is a vertical display, and then switched to my main monitor, where it seemed to display properly. No black screen. I got the login prompt, but was unable to click anything. I believe this is likely due to the mouse positioning being improperly read.
So still unable to play.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section. I guess I was tired when I first posted.
Thank you for your time and effort.

ai_enabled

Hello!
Thanks for detailed response. We know about the multi-monitor issue on Linux, Unity team is working on improving this behavior in the next builds. It improved slightly for Unity 5.3, but there are several other issues producing black screen for most Linux players. So we're waiting for the patches from them.
As temporarily workaround you could try switching secondary screen off, so the game will start on the primary screen.
Regards!