Testing STEAM version

Started by Lurler, October 28, 2014, 03:48:07 AM

FlessenGreendart

Hmm... Just me then?

I tried it in a station, tried equipping it the the device slot (same as mining device), also tried shift+clicking.
I'll stick the logs on when I get home

RavenFellBlade

I'm interested in testing. I have the following platforms to test on:
Intel Core2 Duo 2.6GHz
4GB DDR2
NVidia Quadro 135M
Win 8.1 32-bit
==
Intel i7 2.3GHz Quad
8GB DDR3
nVidia GTX465M
Win 7 64-bit and Linux Mint 13 64-bit (Ubuntu derivative)
Let me know what you need testing on.
The funny thing about space is that there's actually quite a lot of it.

FlessenGreendart

Here are the logs (tried it again in this update, but no avail)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nz4z66w4636o3hc/AADf6TrXLqqmGCbcsf5zGf15a?dl=0

I've tried with and without mods, but no luck.

On a completely unrelated side note, with the save data etc now in my documents, as a suggestion, would it be possible to set the directory for the game data to "My Documents/My Games/AtomicTorch..." in Windows, as a very large amount of games put their files there, plus it helps neat freaks like me keep the My Documents directory tidy ;D

ai_enabled

FlessenGreendart, thanks for reporting.
The issue happens for all "quest" items - as the game prohibited moving them from the Inventory to any other container. The Barrich Device was marked as the "quest" item recently, so the issue did not appear before.
The implemented fix allows equipping/unequipping the "quest" items. The update will be available soon.

FlessenGreendart

Glad I'm not going crazy!
I half suspected that, but I dismissed it when I didn't get any notification saying you can't remove quest items.

rockdasymphony

Running Windows 8.1 x64 mid level gaming pc. Can scan my signature and id onto an NDA, would love to help get this integrated to steam and i SUPER HOPE THE SERVER LIST UPDATE WORKS (^_^) Multiplayer HYPE!!!

FlessenGreendart

Loving the concept of the repair drones :), but when I use them, it just says "Repair is not required. Structure is at maximum level." regardless of my current structure. Also repair consumables seem to have stopped working too (possibly related?).

Also, I've found an exploit: If you don't have enough money to repair at the stations, you can just grab a civilian shuttle, equip it, and then re-equip your normal hull, and your structure is back to 100% at no cost...

Lurler

Quote from: FlessenGreendart on December 11, 2014, 01:20:11 PM
Loving the concept of the repair drones :), but when I use them, it just says "Repair is not required. Structure is at maximum level." regardless of my current structure. Also repair consumables seem to have stopped working too (possibly related?).
Thank you for reporting! Though, it is already fixed, should be in the next version!

Quote from: FlessenGreendart on December 11, 2014, 01:20:11 PM
Also, I've found an exploit: If you don't have enough money to repair at the stations, you can just grab a civilian shuttle, equip it, and then re-equip your normal hull, and your structure is back to 100% at no cost...
Well... that one was there from the very beginning, but unfortunately there is no meaningful fix yet. Because the entity data is not stored in the instances of objects yet. But it will, in the future.

FlessenGreendart

You guys always seem to be one step ahead! :)

ai_enabled

The VoidExpanse v0.15.1 is available now at Steam and on our website. Please try it and report if you have any running issues.
Regards!

Hammish

Quick question: what's the current method to enable mods via the Steam version?  Maybe I'm just overtired and doing something dumb but when I try to change modconfing it just reverts back to a load version with only Core in there. :|

ai_enabled

For singleplayer server, you need to place mods into "Documents/AtomicTorchStudio/VoidExpanse/Mods" and modify the ModsConfig placed nearby.
For multiplayer server, the mods can be placed as you do it with previous version.
If something not working - we will fix it as soon as possible, just report!
Regards!

jeeplaw

What's the easiest way to add the game to Steam?

Lurler

jeeplaw, at the moment the game is NOT yet available on Steam publicly. It is only available to a number of people involved in the testing.
As soon as everything is ready we will do a full release and the game will be available in steam store, and everyone who bought the game from us directly (thanks!) will also receive a Steam key.

RavenFellBlade

Lurler, should I take it that you are no longer accepting new testers for Steam? I posted my interest in testing last week or the week before, but never heard back. Still interested, if you need a few more bug-finders.
The funny thing about space is that there's actually quite a lot of it.