VoidExpanse - Patch notes v0.9.x

Started by Lurler, July 24, 2014, 04:11:09 AM

Lurler

Quote from: kyokei on August 01, 2014, 12:08:33 AM
The trailer really turned out cool!
I have uploaded the new version of that trailer today. You can see it in the news post. The differences are very minor though, mostly small adjustments.

BeLugh

Hello.First i would like to say that i really love this game. The trailer is quite cool, although it needs some improvements!

-Tchey is right that you should show much more character portraits (and add some female ones). Just record alot of them and show them in time lapse ;)

-He's also right that when saying exploring a huge galaxy you need to show more different backgrounds and objects, but also show the STARMAP after showing the system map (i know that you are already showing it at the factions part, but you need to emphasize the huge.)

-Also show mining and trading. For trading just show buying some goods with a big cargo ship, show the route to the next station and time laps, sell the goods and show the profit (Also please add experience for trading. I've suggested 2 methods in the ideas subforum.
For mining just show mining different asteroids.

-Show some different ships (zoomed in) and (stronger) weapons

-Some multiplayer action would be super cool

Lurler

VoidExpanse is updated to v0.9.5.

This release is marked as experimental for now, but it really should be okay.
So, we will mark it as stable as soon as you guys try it and report that there isn't anything else that is broken that we missed :)

=== VoidExpanse v0.9.5 ===

New features:
   * Upside-down weapon mounts implemented (will be useful for modders).
   * Random advices on loading screen.

Changes:
   * Asteroid examination - content is cached now (so no need to scan every time) and updated when you mine.
   * Chat is messages now take little longer to disappear making it easier to read.

Fixed:
   * Savegame icons overcompressed.
   * Asteroid examination skill not working.
   * Major UI loading issue.
   * No music in main menu and in game after alt-tab.
   * "Who's online" window not working.
   * Showing players on a station, even though they are offline.
   * Jumpgate telefrag.
   * Shields regeneration mechanics.
   * Game starts on a wrong display.

Lancefighter

looks like the download is missing a a few files under server/mono - im getting 'file not found: \server\mono\iyb2lzz3.tpo ' That file doesnt seem to exist in the linux zip either.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0z5mclgahb11hi/Screenshot%202014-08-04%2017.00.18.png

no thats not right - it looks like manually extracting the files isnt working either.
edit2 - it looks like AtomicTorch.SpaceRPG.Common.dll is not extracting at all, everything else is working fine

ai_enabled

Lancefighter, Hello! Seems like the downloaded game distributive was corrupted :(. Please could you try to delete all files from C:/Users/Andrew/AppData/Local/AtomicTorchStudio/GameLauncher/Downloads and reinstall game from GameLauncher? It will re-download everything and issue should be resolved then.
Regards!

Lancefighter

If only it was that easy - same error, every time I download.

ai_enabled

I just downloaded all builds (Win/Mac/Linux 0.9.5) from the AtomicTorch.com - all extracting without any errors. Screenshot of 7-zip scanning Win build
The "missing" file should not exists in any game build. I think ZIP archive was corrupted. There is MD5 hashes of correct archives:
BCFE0C8F51E82822321154A4BE9CBAE4 - VoidExpanse_Linux_x86_v0.9.5.zip
02EA116D442E516646895620852AAB26 - VoidExpanse_Win_v0.9.5.zip

Lancefighter

I am getting those values, and verifying through the md5 hashes, and yet it is not installing. I guess I try wiping and reinstalling everything

edit

Okay so back in confusingland - Whenever I try to extract the AtomicTorch.SpaceRPG.Common.dll (in voidexpanse_win/server/mono), the extract seems to fail somehow. 7zip and windows are both unable to do this. As a note, it doesnt actually throw an error - it just .. doesnt work.

This file seems kinda important to actually run the server.. (which is something I have been doing). Does extracting the archive and running the server work for you?

Lurler

Maybe it's antivirus removing the file or blocking it?

Lancefighter

I... what. Of course that would be it. Except why would it work perfectly fine in the last version, and start throwing a tantrum now?

More importantly, why do I still have this piece of shit antivirus installed.. (am mad, dumb thing has done nothing but cause problems.)

Lurler

=== VoidExpanse v0.9.6 ===

New features:
   * New ship hull "Aurora" (rocket cruiser)
   * Auto docking when entering the station's docking bay area

Changes:
   * Backgrounds improved (awesome stars and nebulas!)
   * Loading speed significantly improved
   * Docking happens automatically when you enter the Space Station gates
   * Music switching much improved (music will not start from beginning if you re-dock to station or enter battle again soon)
   * Updated TextureLoader, specifically for Mac & Linux
   * Almost all captions and controls now scaled by UI Scale option
   * Improved saving/loading (but saves from previous version is incompatible)
   * Removed PvE option since it was meaningless
   * Hull "Heretic" now has RCS & reverse trails
   * Updated the API with changes to some existing functions and added new ones
   * Made it easier to target loot container
   * In Windows, Alt+Tab behavior is much improved
   * Improved backgrounds (stars, etc.)
   * Other changes

Fixed:
   * Fixed "forever loading screen" issues
   * Fixed slowdowns after long play, user interface much more responsive
   * Fixed multiple issues in quests
   * Server crashes
   * Assets memory leakage (incorrect caching and unloading of textures, sounds, models). Memory usages drastically reduced!
   * Mac build issues, freezes and other
   * Pirate headhunter maneuvering too far away to deal any damage
   * Selling items for free
   * Adding new skill to mods crashed the game
   * When jettisoning items it creates a container that damages shields and hull
   * Several effects are not working(mining experience bonus, ramming bonus, mining range bonus)
   * Blackhole doesn't render properly
   * Apostrophe opens console on some keyboards (now you can set key for opening console in options)
   * Issue in system with "clouds" - radar does not display "Interference" status
   * Some console commands updated
   * Goodbye moving out of bounds
   * Cargo at station set as 100 (should be 1000)
   * V-sync and FPS limit works better
   * Other fixes

Hellwarlord

Thank you for new patch!

Going to test it straight away.

Regards,

Hellwarlord.

BeLugh

Patch seems to be great so far!!! (except some bugfixes which did not work)
Great work

But i already saw one old bug which i forgot to post in bugs section and a new one (which might be computer resoruce related).

ai_enabled

The VoidExpanse v0.9.7 (Stable) is released. It fixes reported issues and improves performance / memory usage (especially on Mac/Linux), add some new features to scripting API.
Full release notes coming soon :-).
Known issues: crash on exit (non-critical, I suppose).

jeeplaw

Heads up on the selling ore (or stackables) bug! Crashes every single time you try to sell it to the shop. Otherwise it's stable. Just can't sell ore and make money