Useful Artifacts and Various Artifacts

Started by powertater, October 01, 2014, 05:57:31 PM

powertater

I'm not sure if you've got this planned or if this is already suggested, I searched lazily so feel free to call me out on this.
I was just thinking, why not have artifacts sell for the default price that's listed? There could also be rare equipment we could get from certain ways; at a low chance of course. I'm also thinking of a way to have the artifacts spawn, which I will list below.

Alien or other type of convoy: Higher chance of rare equipment, but still rarer than any of the artifacts. Maybe 1-3 artifacts if you can at various costs.

Crate: Low-tier price artifacts, only one since they're fairly easy to just grab, perhaps make the enemy a little bit weaker.

A treasure spot: I would love to hunt down a pirate leader or someone and have them give me a chance to get a treasure map which leads to a random pirate or neutral system marked by coordinates. Various equipment would be in the crate, T2-3 based on the difficulty of the pirate captain; consumables would be a decent reward as well as an artifact.

That's all I have for now, read it over if you want, tell me if you like it and if it's doable. Thanks.

Hecter94

I like this idea, would be cool to have really unique alien weaponry or something.

Or even an entire "Alien Set" with organic weaponry and modules.
Would give players a bit of incentive to really explore around the different areas.

I mean, why would I spend half-an-hour searching for an Artifact when I could just mine the nearest asteroid and make double the profits?

Unique items are always a strong incentive for players, especially in Multiplayer since having a full alien set could be a mark of considerable status.

Lurler

Actually there are alien weapons already in the game, though technically players can't acquire them without modding the game or cheating :)
But I agree, it would be interesting to have this option.

Hecter94

Quote from: Lurler on October 02, 2014, 08:02:24 PM
Actually there are alien weapons already in the game, though technically players can't acquire them without modding the game or cheating :)
But I agree, it would be interesting to have this option.
If it does become an option, it would be imperative that alien weapons and gear have unique playstyles associated with them.

Something that makes them handle considerably different from normal human ships and weapons.

Lurler

Exactly. And it's the reason why we didn't make them available to the player in the first place.
Until we can think of a cool way to differentiate them there is no point in giving them to player.