Need your help with translation of the new game

Started by Lurler, September 21, 2015, 07:19:18 PM

Lurler

We are getting quite far with the stage of development of our new game and we would like to use your help if possible to translate it into more languages!

This game in particular was designed to have as little text as possible and use visuals instead for all meaning, so we were able to reduce the total amount of text to about a half page of a normal MS-Word document, which makes it relatively easy to translate to as many languages as we want.

So, currently we have the game in English as a core language and translations into Russian and Ukrainian, since these are the languages that we can use ourselves.
And the help that we require is:
a. Help with correcting the English version because it is not our native language (obviously).
b. Help translating it into your native language, which could be any as the game could support as many languages as needed.

If you would like to help - please leave some information in this thread, such as what is your native language and what is your proficiency with English. That should be enough.

With your help we hope to have the game translated into all most common languages :)

kyokei

Heyos!

I can translate into Dutch and French and check the English.
For the French I would like to have someone else review it though (since I might be a bit rusty)

p0ki

The only french sentence I speak is "Je ne parle pas francé" :D

My native language is German and I can check the English as well.
Please tell me if I should translate polite (you = Sie) or personal (you = du).

Lurler

Quote from: kyokei on September 22, 2015, 12:05:12 AM
For the French I would like to have someone else review it though (since I might be a bit rusty)
Great! Then I will contact you via PM when we have the final version of the text.

Quote from: p0ki on September 22, 2015, 03:30:29 AM
My native language is German and I can check the English as well.
Please tell me if I should translate polite (you = Sie) or personal (you = du).
That would be very helpful as well!

I hope more people express their interest to help with this, though.

p0ki

Hy Lurler, are there any updates on this that I missed?

Lurler

Not really :)

We are finishing some last things and we should have the demo ready in a couple of weeks or so (though, that doesn't mean that we will post it online right away). The game have obviously been playable for a long time, but we don't want to show anything unfinished like we did with our first game. This time we want to have a finished product before we show it anywhere.

But as soon as the demo is ready it would also mean that the game is ready as well as the engine is the same. And when that's  done we will contact everyone who can help with translations. Hopefully we can release the game on as many languages as possible! :)

Currently we have: english, japanese, russian, ukrainian and spanish.

metalwar

Hello Lurler.

Spanish ready. Contact whit me, if you need it.

Lurler

Quote from: metalwar on November 05, 2015, 03:38:56 PM
Spanish ready. Contact whit me, if you need it.
Thanks for the offer! We have a person who will do Spanish localization for us, but if it doesn't work for some reason then I will surely contact you!

Tchey

Quote from: kyokei on September 22, 2015, 12:05:12 AM
Heyos!

I'm french, I can check your translation, if someone tell me how.
http://jeux1d100.net/blog/

Lurler

I've sent out e-mails to everyone.

Hopefully the game will be available in as many languages as possible! :)

If anyone would still like to help with any other languages than the ones listed here, please let me know!

Tchey

http://jeux1d100.net/blog/

QnixSuomi

Quote from: Lurler on December 24, 2015, 03:39:36 AM
I've sent out e-mails to everyone.

Hopefully the game will be available in as many languages as possible! :)

If anyone would still like to help with any other languages than the ones listed here, please let me know!

I can translate into Finnish! :)

Lurler

dashlicious