sorry for restarting a multiplayer server a thousand times for over a year...

Started by ninekorn, February 06, 2019, 10:03:49 PM

ninekorn

I didn't count but i'm probably near that anyway. so sorry If that messes things up on your end. The thing is I need the console to debug me information and i don't think i can do that in singleplayer, unless i can, i just dont know how.

nine

ninekorn

I'm just worried to get banned lol. Don't do it though coz im working on nice mods. Aka at the moment, destructible stations.

ai_enabled

You could make your server private by editing the SettingsServer.xml file if you wish to use it for private needs only :-)

ninekorn

It's always private while i'm scripting and modding stuff. But if it flashes red on your side with the amount of times im restarting my server and relogging in the main server, it's just because i'm testing and I need to restart the server, as sometimes a simple debug.reinit wont work.

ai_enabled

No problem in that case, Master Server could handle a way higher load without any issues. :-)

ninekorn

I'm almost done tonight preparing the pathfinding unwalkable tiles for the station interior. Had to restart everytime the server because I have to manually place the tiles and enter a new server to visually see if I correctly placed the unwalkable tiles... must be a 25 times server restart. Gotta be flashing red on the main server again. sorry for that.

EDIT; I noticed a couple days ago that I can activate the console for single-player games. I will start using single-player server instead.