Suggestions

Started by Doggfite, February 15, 2020, 01:51:35 PM

Doggfite

I've already seen suggestions for rotating buildable items, seconding that
Also seen suggestions for adding map markers/waypoints, also seconding that

Some new stuff I have to suggest:
A map overlay like the diablo 2 overlay (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/diablo/images/5/57/Cc06.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140528212318), having a highly transparent map that you can open and be able to see where you are going on the map and also in the world.
Either this or a minimap would be amazing.

A wood bucket, maybe 10-20 planks and a couple of iron ingots and a rope, craftable at a worktable, used to carry water mainly for transporting to barrels, maybe with about 50-200 capacity.
Couple this with the ability to fill wood (but not metal) barrels with sea and lake water would be a great addition to be able to get large quantities of water and salt without having to build half a dozen wells.

And my last suggestion, for the time being, is the ability to turn a fire pit on and off to let it run as just a light source or even as a passive way to generate ash. It kind of sucks that there are no placeable light sources until you are able to farm enough fat to make camp fuel.

Really loving the game so far though, thanks so much for all your work!

ai_enabled

Hello!

Thank you for your suggestions.

We're considering adding a minimap in the top-left corner of the screen. Our experiment with an overlay-style map didn't prove successful as it looks quite wrong due to our art style and the visuals of the map. It's fine for Diablo-like games due to dark visuals and isometric perspective, and that players are mostly interested in the shape of the environment so it's fine to have a grayscale map over a dim background.

I'm not sure how useful the buckets would be. Usually, players have enough of water from the wells (and electric pumps later in the game). Storing salt and lake water in the barrels was considered but we're also don't believe it's a worthy improvement.

Switching campfire light without placing anything to cookΓÇöyes, I see it's requested quite often so we may consider adding this!

Enjoy the game!

Regards!