My Sugestion for Planetary Interaction

Started by Isamuro, April 05, 2015, 11:24:43 AM

Isamuro

Hello guys! :D

Have been playing the game for a long time before Steam launch and was love at first sight! ;D
Here are some of my thoughts about the feature:

1 - Possibility to land on planets:

a - If the player ship was large, ultra heavy cruiser for example, would be nice to see some "dropship" going out from some door;
      b - With or without animation on atmospheric reentry (very cool); 8)

2 - Colony, Base, Platform, some place to land:

a - On the planet surface could be some quests to do, or some ore to mine, people to kill, pirate building to destroy, etc...
      b - Of course some kind of terrain vehicle would be necessary, a light tank, like the one of Aliens movie (so nostalgic)  :D

3 - Way more places and things to explore:

a - A temple of unknow origin, alien artefact alert! :D
      b - A cavern full of unknow ore waiting to be found;

4 - Power suit, exoesqueleton, or some sort of human controled robot to explore these places (power suits are cool);  8)

a - Some new skill would be necessary to operate these bad boys;
      b - They could have some sort of power source, like solar batery;

5 - player base (bad ass)  :P

a - Possibility to build a base for the player return to be fully healed or make some repairs before returning to space in the dropship;
      b - The instalation could use some sort of defence system, shield and some laser towers, to fend of hostiles or "curious" players (they will not ruin my garden!); >:(

And that┬┤s it for now  :D

Best of luck to you guys!
The game is awesome and in my opinion have a limitless potential to become much more fun!
Cheers!

johnmschneider

James009

So, are planets going to happen in the future? Because that'd be sweet. I'd love to see trading with planets, maybe planetary combat, and hunting expeditions. Basically each "class" needs to have 2-3 things they can do on a planet.

Fighters and Rogues can do hunt, participate in tournaments, and fight in battles.
Traders can trade, do expeditions, and conduct diplomacy.
Miners can do mining expeditions.

The idea of land vehicles and bases would just be fantastic too. I'd love to be able to put down roots and have land stuff.

johnmschneider

I have heard talk about plans to implement some way of interacting with planets.

Lurler

We'd love to add planet interactions! But no promises. Only if the game gains more spotlight and more players.