Unable to connect to multiplayer server

Started by tom.alien, August 24, 2014, 11:39:48 AM

tom.alien

Game version: 0.9.8
Game mode:Multiplayer
Bug location: When connecting to multiplayer instance
Steps to reproduce: Once save file becomes corrupt users unable to connect
Reproduction rate: Once save is corrupt connecting to server receive error
Screenshot: Sadly not available but will zip save file and logs so can test internally.
Bug description:Save file having corruption looking for object
Bug thread title: game version 0.9.8, when game file corrupts looking for object it gets stuck connecting users into instance.

Extract from logs:
24.8.14 11:11:03.0970: Error:
Exception occured while processing command: AuthLoginHandshakeCompleted id=189
"Paranoid censorship here":63686

Exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   -------------------------stack-------------------------
   at enfpW4qeJO6aqhRbPjY.ykekVHqqG 07LM09oXr6.clYe5r1gWQ(BaseCommand  )

Please Find attached logs and Save, Please PM for password
Logs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9-H4SxoGxq1ekZkcFkxYUhJVUE&authuser=0
Save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9-H4SxoGxq1cENPaTZLbEc0THc&authuser=0

ai_enabled

Hello! Thanks for reporting.
Please send me password for logs in PM.
Regards!

kyokei

Here are some logs from kunix:
https://cloud.kunix.org/public.php?service=files&t=8b5b7ef5e39b6005283dfce23b28eef5&path=%2F098%20server%20failed%20to%20join
put the server online for a few minutes today and got the error.
Stopped the server as I am still being careful with my ISP.

Looks like if you create a new save you can join that save until the server gets restarted. Once restarted you can't join anymore.

tom.alien

Must admit ramped my back up of saves to every 2 hours keeping 48 copies so if server is restarted hopefully can for data before corruption. But sure our dev team will work it out.  Think ive rebooted twice and not sufferred majorly few players reported random rests in level/exp

ai_enabled

Thanks for logs and saves!
Yes, we're working right now on fixing this and several other reported issues. Fix will be available ASAP.
Regards!

ai_enabled

This issue is fixed with v0.9.9 (Experimental) released now. Damaged savegame can be loaded, but it may not work properly (when player already played in this world reconnect after save loaded)!
Please try and let me know if any problems remain. BTW, this issue was present in at least 5 previous builds, so I'm surprised it was reported only now.
Regards!

tom.alien

Hi Ai,

Thanks for response, is there going to be a tool for migrating saves to new builds as I myself and users of my server would like to carry on from where we got to, although i have google doc of exp to level so can jump start character i still have to hunt around for various moduels such as emp which can take some time to find (unless you have a doc of item id so can use console to give back).

side note, really enjoying the game and love the optimisations you did on 0.9.8 build

Lurler

The game is in a very active development right now and we constantly try to improve the saving mechanism. Which unfortunately leads to saves being incompatible. But it is only a temporary thing, once the game progresses a little big more in development there will be no need for changes on the saves structure so all the saves will be compatible.

Now for spawning items - you can actually open the game core file by simply renaming it to core.zip and opening with any archiver program such as WinRar, there you will be able to see the list of all items in the game and many other interesting things.

PS - Glad that you are enjoying the game :)

kyokei

I can only update Kunix coming weekend - and this issue really only came in the build 098

tom.alien

Good news, after restart my servers save prompted same error, attempted restoring save but error continued,

Applied experimental 0.9.9 restoring save 2 hours before and...........

All is good save came back to life with some minor errors:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9-H4SxoGxq1dGZZSmhzYndVZTQ/edit?usp=sharing
same password as sent to AI earlier

ai_enabled

tom.alien, I'm glad it works now!
About reported errors - it's ok, we just forgot to remove extra reporting for abandon containers (which was picked up by somebody, disappeared, but not fully removed from the game internal database upon saving).
Regards!