Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bug reports / Re: Large Fridge
« Last post by McQuade on Today at 11:39:31 am »
I'm glad that I can help  ;D
Ideas and suggestions / Re: Trading
« Last post by prodrunk on Yesterday at 07:38:13 am »
the problem with the trading is certain demands for goods.

first the good things:
The trading system is unique and good. Keep it mostly that way, maybe add some upgrades possible to the trading machine like the land claim tier.
better machine is more room, more hp, more slots

possible to click the trading icon on the map which gives you a message which can be set on the trading machine like a list of cost of items and such.

I am now setting up a trading system so players actually can get the stuff they need to mine at my trading station, so they dont have to go back, that helps but not ideal.

I have made several pages full of data with prices and everything.
depending on the price I give for resources, thats how much a product would cost
this means if I lower my prices then the price of the end product is lower aswell.

so base prices I ask
5 ore = 1 coin
10, potassium or sulfur or pyrite all 1 coin
10 natural rubber = 1 coin
12 logs = 1 coin
20 sand = 1 coin
8 coal = 1 coin
3 leaves = 1 coin
1 mineral oil = 5 coins
1 lithium salts = 3 coins

here are the prices at what I should sell to break even
handgun = 141 coins
military shotgun = 279 coins
submachine gun = 340 coins
heavy machinegun = 715 coins

standard 10m ammo = 13,35 coins
10m AP ammo = 15,65 coins
10m HP Ammo = 13,5 coins
12 gauge slug ammo = 24,4 coins
.300 AP ammo = 54,75 coins
.300 incendiary ammo = 58,25 coins

iron mace = 23,35 coins
steel pickaxe = 36,35 coins
steel axe = 36,35 coins

10 mining charges = 33,5 coins

military armor 1 part = 73,5 coins
assault armor 1 part = 207,4 coins
hazmat suit = 401,5 coins
APART suit = 608,4 coins

night vsision = 242 coins

large power bank = 451,5 coins
standard power bank = 248,25 coins

this at first glance looks okay, the hazmat and apart are expensive, but thats my choice coss of putting mineral oil and lithium salts that price.

for the armor the prices are fantastic, the guns on the other hand are slightly too expensive, this mainly due to the requirments of rubber

to make rubber it costs 5 natural rubber and 20 sulfur
to make 1 mechanical component it costs 15 steel, 20 rubber and 10 flux

no matter what i try in changing prices its the amount of sulfur for making rubber and the amount of rubber for making mechanical parts which offsets the balance.
all the rest is fine.

My suggestion is to lower the demands of sulfur and rubber for making mechanical parts.  this would improve trading as now i get pyrite plenty and other resources to but always in demand for sulfur.  Which everyone else needs to.

I suggest:
1 rubber = 5 natural rubber, 12 sulfur
5 mechanical parts = 15 steel, 12 natural rubber, 10 flux
bumb up the amount of ammo you get by double for same amount of resources

or
you could bump up the amount of sulfur mined by 60%

I have not added energy weapons since I have not researched those yet.

Ideas and suggestions / Re: List of ideas.
« Last post by Warbot on Yesterday at 03:07:34 am »
BIG LOL @ the OP and his document, I just took a look...

"raiding someone does not return itself in resources spent, so what is the point in it"
Someone definitely not understands the general implications of raiding... and math... if you'd make a plus in most cases by the calculation of mats spent vs mats looted,
then there would be no point in not doing it, and looting every single base every few days.

B...b...b...but why else would I raid then?!?

First off, this is an alpha and there are no actual raid mechanics yet, and many many things have to be implemented yet and then balanced.
Focusing on balancing things before anything is implemented makes no sense btw, and if you even start to change vital things because of balancing to mitigate not-yet-implemented things, you'll end up ruining everything.
Well, main reasons for raiding someone:
- "RP-ing" that you are a "bad guy",
- personally not liking someone,
- cutting down the competition (I'd say this is the main reason right now, with the most return value, just not in an instant gratification way you would like to see it)
- gaining a certain type of mats/items, like, raiding a base that you suspect has a lot of what you currently need

As to the rest of the "document":
- written in a "I know what ALL the players think" attitude
- nothing substantial except the long known issues around lith/oil and some other, minor, again well known things
- HILLARIOUS "solutions" for various problems
- not even a slight idea of the various weapons, yet another "flint lock" guy -.-
- lots of micro tuning stuff that has not even been properly implemented yet (see above paragraph for why that is bad)

=> Dear devs, if you actually consider these ..."solutions" good, I seriously fear for the future of this game.
Ideas and suggestions / Re: A few ideas
« Last post by gobias on December 11, 2018, 08:40:09 am »
It could use camp fuel since that's also an underused resource that's available at an early stage
« Last post by Kraker on December 11, 2018, 08:38:55 am »
That's not necessarily a good feature, imagine someone with 10 double barrel shotguns in their hotbar and some possibly even mod-assisted firing,
or 10 muskets...

Still I can have 10 double barrel shotguns and shoot only one bullet each right now. However idea ai_enabled has given will definitely resolve the problem of such weapon swapping.
« Last post by ai_enabled on December 11, 2018, 07:03:03 am »
@Warbot, the idea is that you cannot fire any weapon until the cooldown of the previously fired weapon is finished. But yes, I agree with the possible exploit.
It could be fixed if we finally implement our initial idea that the item selection takes some time (accompanied by the character animation of removing the previous item and preparing the selected item).
« Last post by Warbot on December 11, 2018, 06:57:38 am »
That's a convenience feature. Probably we should improve that switching to another item will instantly cancel the reloading. This way we have both a convenience of auto-reloading with the ability to quickly switch to another weapon.

That's not necessarily a good feature, imagine someone with 10 double barrel shotguns in their hotbar and some possibly even mod-assisted firing,
or 10 muskets...
Bug reports / Re: Large Fridge
« Last post by ai_enabled on December 11, 2018, 04:34:33 am »
Thanks for reporting!
Yes, this is caused by the floating number inaccuracy and how we're actually handling the construction progress (from the structure points (building HP) floating number - this is a requirement as damaged blueprint should require more resources to continue building).
Fixed for the next update.

Regards!
« Last post by ai_enabled on December 11, 2018, 04:02:48 am »
6. Weapons right now auto-reload when their clip is empty. Why I can’t just burst my double barrel shotgun and swap to pistol for finish off?
That's a convenience feature. Probably we should improve that switching to another item will instantly cancel the reloading. This way we have both a convenience of auto-reloading with the ability to quickly switch to another weapon.
« Last post by ai_enabled on December 11, 2018, 03:55:42 am »
Thanks for reporting the bugs. One of them is fixed for the next update, another one is expected to be fixed with the new NoesisGUI version (will investigate after updating).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10