Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Development discussion / Re: CryoFall - new screenshots & news
« Last post by Tchey on January 02, 2018, 10:42:36 am »
It seems good so far, and i really like the arts also.
Bug reports / Re: Too many Heap sections crash!
« Last post by ninekorn on December 28, 2017, 02:03:06 am »
Yeah you're right! Well that's gonna give me time to work on my other mods! So it's perfectly fine. I don't think the market mod would work with the vanilla steam server so i'll just wait for the patch release to release my stuff.
« Last post by ai_enabled on December 27, 2017, 09:26:11 am »
Great to hear!
I'm afraid you will be unable to release it yet as it might require some API improvements which are available only in the server preview build I've sent to you. Better to check with the vanilla server build from Steam Client.

Regards!
« Last post by ninekorn on December 27, 2017, 07:12:00 am »
Nevermind AI I thought it was my market mod that had caused the crash and I posted in the wrong section of the forum my reply (in the help section).

I mean I did make a mistake causing server lag because of my arrays but the "Too many heap section" crash occured also this morning even with my market array fixed... So its probably/certainly due to what you described. Except from that... I am very happy to say that my market mod is nearing release. Both Buying and Selling sections are working, now I just have to fix some text issues.

nine
Help section / Re: Difficulties setting the price of Items/cargo for my market mod!
« Last post by ninekorn on December 26, 2017, 07:01:39 pm »
Hi,

I have tested again this crash and found out the problem was on my market mod. I had put in the function SetResourceBasePrice that when the price was NOT defined to ALSO put the cargo items in the global arrays... So at every station shop updates in the game all the items were added again and again and again... After a couple hours there must have been thousands and more in that global array and everytime that I added something I also fetched the array to put items into it and then set back the array in the global array.... Even after 5minutes with the game running the game was skipping frames like crazy... So that's my bad. sorry

nine
« Last post by ai_enabled on December 26, 2017, 07:05:13 am »
Hi,
This is just the client crash (server detected the client is not running anymore and also stopped).
I'm quite sure this is just a memory leak at the NVorbis plugin we're using for music decoding/streaming. Will check for the next VE patch. With the last patch we didn't check the game stability after many hours in idle and nobody reported this issue before (most players run it just for a few hours max).
Thanks for reporting!

Regards!
Bug reports / Too many Heap sections crash!
« Last post by ninekorn on December 26, 2017, 06:42:18 am »
Hi guys, I have no clue what happened as I left my private server and game opened for the night. When I woke up this morning I had a Void Expanse crash. I wonder if it's due to my market mod? It worries me a bit since I have cleaned the 17 scripts that make the buy section of the market mod and got rid of every uneeded functions and variables and arrays and also I've removed all hiddenInStationNPCs from the game to just spawn a series of 15 of them in the starting station to test the market mod. The market mod was running fast but it seems that there is something that lags the server periodically... I have no clue if it's my market mod. I have put a sharable link of my google drive for the too many heap sections crash report. When you guys have the time to look at it.

Thank you!
nine

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TpPtSUbVqBcpWf1A_Gw1Gg8KEIrr69zq/view?usp=sharing
Help section / Re: Difficulties setting the price of Items/cargo for my market mod!
« Last post by ninekorn on December 25, 2017, 02:13:24 am »
Ok Yeah I just tested the  SetResourceBasePrice method at Station.js and this function runs once at the start of the server it seems so the prices are set once by that function. I work tomorrow so I gotta go sleep but Ill think about how I can use that function if I can. I was thinking of making a global array and put all those prices in it and see where that leads me. Anyway talk to you later and thank you for the help!

nine
« Last post by ai_enabled on December 25, 2017, 01:44:11 am »
You're right, the prices are modified (and their statuses too). The price for cargo is calculated by SetResourceBasePrice method at Station.js. This is implemented this way to adjust prices randomly with 10% deviation. Yeah, that's really overcomplicated. Each station generates items/cargo for sale and calls this method for each of them to calculate the price, then this price is stored on server, but players receive another price which is calculated by CalculateBuyPriceOfCargo and CalculateSellPriceOfCargo (or same methods for items).
The only solution will be to implement new API methods for getting the final price of item/cargo by providing player's ship ID and station ID.
« Last post by ninekorn on December 25, 2017, 01:37:18 am »
Yes AI I debugged those CalculateBuyPriceOfCargo and CalculateSellPriceOfCargo cargo_price and I can totally confirm that something is done with the default price internally and then BAM it is modified and cargo_price doesnt show the default price... its already modified upon arrival inside the station.js functions CalculateBuyPriceOfCargo and CalculateSellPriceOfCargo. I'll try to find another workaround. Don't worry about it. Work on Cryofall ;)

edit: in fact i removed everything in the CalculateBuyPriceOfCargo and CalculateSellPriceOfCargo and just returned the cargo_price and it still shows the modified price and not the default price...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10