Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bug reports / Re: Stucked On Login Screen
« Last post by ai_enabled on Today at 09:46:50 am »
The bug is reported to MonoGame https://github.com/MonoGame/MonoGame/issues/6435
And I've fixed it locally so the upcoming update will already include a fix. Thanks for reporting!

Regards!
Game discussion / Re: Big Bad Wolves Mod
« Last post by Daitallica on Today at 04:40:07 am »
Awesome!

Thanks!

Important note - this mod should be installed on both client and server as the server is responsible for their spawn :-).

What he said!
Game discussion / Re: Big Bad Wolves Mod
« Last post by ai_enabled on Today at 04:37:01 am »
Awesome!
Important note - this mod should be installed on both client and server as the server is responsible for their spawn :-).
Game discussion / Big Bad Wolves Mod
« Last post by Daitallica on Today at 04:11:55 am »
Big Bad Wolves
Have you thought that the vanilla wolf was a bit weak, then look no further, big bad wolves never back down
so they wont run away with low health.

Added two new wolves
Alpha Wolf:
Bigger,stronger and faster than the vanilla wolf, you can outrun it... just

Dire Wolf:
Bigger, stronger and faster than the Alpha Wolf, you can't out run it... at all.... ever..
It's a fight to the death!

Download here :
Big Bad Wolves

Copy to your "/Cryofall/Data/Mods/" folder

edit your "/Cryofall/Data/ModsConfig.xml" so it look like this:
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<mods>
  <mod>
    <mod_id>core_1.0.0</mod_id>
  </mod>
  <mod>
    <mod_id>DaitallicaBigBadWolves_1.0.0</mod_id>
  </mod>
</mods>

and you're good to go, any issues hit me up on the Cryofall discord Channel
I have removed the wolves for this server, they're a bit OP at the moment, please nerf haha
I've separated and added to their own mod

After a suggestion from Djekke on the discord channel, I have put in an mpk so no extraction of core.cpk required
***removed***
Game discussion / Re: Recommended specs for server
« Last post by Daitallica on Yesterday at 06:23:55 am »
Eugh, I'm having trouble installing dotnet.
Will try again tomorrow, my head is cooked haha
« Last post by Daitallica on Yesterday at 05:00:31 am »
Awesome stuff, I'm just setting up Ubuntu server and going to have a crack at getting the server on there
« Last post by ai_enabled on Yesterday at 03:21:37 am »
When you run the server it will print the mini-profiler stats every 10 seconds into the console. The most important stat is the total update duration.
The default server tickrate is 60 updates per second. It means the frame duration should be consistent below 1/60 of a second (16.7 ms). If in the log you see that the frame takes longer than 16 ms at max, then the hardware is definitely not enough to handle the load. You can reduce the tickrate in that case (to 40 or even 20 updates per second, below creates too high input lag to my opinion) - for example, with 30 updates per second the server has a budget of 1/30 of a second (33.3 ms) per frame.

The game performance scales pretty well with many players online. The reason is that the most game CPU load is player-independent such as game systems update (spawn, AI, vegetation growth, food spoilage, etc). So if you can run the server for the first time (with 0 players) and it reports in the log that it's not using more than 50% of the frame budget total on the update tick, it should be good to play with a few dozens of players online.
« Last post by Daitallica on Yesterday at 02:56:34 am »
Awesome stuff, my SOC should have no problems then... in theory haha
Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10