Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Help section / Void Expanse Tutorials right in here!
« Last post by ninekorn on July 07, 2018, 12:18:21 pm »
FIRST TUTORIAL

Ok. The first tutorial is done. It's a bit long but it might help Modders of the Void Expanse community to setup their first custom Mod.

The first Tutorial is about setting up files and loading the Void Expanse server and also creating your first NPC Inside of the station from modifying the original script. Also you will learn how to create your first XML files for the game and where to put them for your first NPC.

The sound is a bit bad and video transitions weren't done correctly. But here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-qHWtr8Om0

You can also download the project files from Google Drive in the comments below the video.

Other recommended references:
http://wiki.atomictorch.com/VoidExpanse/modding
http://wiki.atomictorch.com/VoidExpanse/scripting_api

Bug reports / Re: French Keyboard
« Last post by ai_enabled on July 05, 2018, 01:49:33 am »
The issue with ! char in AZERTY layout not printable is resolved in the upcoming update (in 1-2 weeks).
Mods / Re: Drone/Follower mod // in-progress
« Last post by Wilmore on July 03, 2018, 11:20:19 pm »
Can't wait for this to be finished! It looks supercool  8)!

I'd love to use it on my local server :-)

Wilmore
Mods / Re: Drone Mod for VoidExpanse!
« Last post by Wilmore on July 03, 2018, 11:10:00 pm »
Hi,

I'm just curious about the state of the Drone mod. Will there be a release version of this anytime soon? I'd love to have carriers in the game! Would it be made like a weapon type, so that I could mod my own carriers into the game?

Wilmore
Modding info / Re: WIP Salvaging
« Last post by Wilmore on July 02, 2018, 10:47:04 pm »
@Pasadenasman Did you ever get to implement your mod for this? I think it's a brilliant idea and would love to use the mod!
Modding info / Re: Building new quests
« Last post by Lurler on July 01, 2018, 10:42:38 pm »
Another question: What is the meaning of $p0003 and similar, that is used as parameters in function calls? Is it variables created on the fly? How do I select the correct name on my "next" one?
These are localization placeholders.
You don't need to use that if you are making the mod only in english, you can just write simple text like "qwe qwe text text" rather than using localization variables.

What steps do I need to make to make a new character show up at a station, to have him give me a quest?
The easiest way is to look how characters are spawned in Pariahs Bane expansion (it is a separate function there). You need to create a character and then add that characters to a specific station.
« Last post by Wilmore on July 01, 2018, 12:36:05 am »
What steps do I need to make to make a new character show up at a station, to have him give me a quest?
« Last post by Wilmore on June 29, 2018, 10:07:02 pm »
Another question: What is the meaning of $p0003 and similar, that is used as parameters in function calls? Is it variables created on the fly? How do I select the correct name on my "next" one?
Mods / Re: Looking for more quests
« Last post by Wilmore on June 29, 2018, 10:05:37 pm »
Already done  :)
« Last post by Wilmore on June 28, 2018, 09:56:19 pm »
I'd like for a tutorial, telling me things like

- You need to do this to add character to a station, that can give you a quest
- You need to this to add dialogue to the quest
- You need these strings; quest title, quest description, etc.
- You need these files (partly covered in the WIKI, and probably the most easy to work out from looking at the code and files)
- You need to this to add rewards/items/objectives to a quest
- You need to this to add an objective ship with so and so AI to the quest

Some answers like that could really make this game going again. I love the game, and if we could get the community more active in adding story content, it would only benefit the game :-)

* Wilmore cheering you guys on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10