Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Development discussion / Re: Balancing food, freshness and fridges.
« Last post by kordenox on May 17, 2018, 04:12:51 am »
well from my experience the fridge is completely useless!
food is really easy to find in the wild.
and we all ready have a perfect non-rotting food which is wheat flour!
i love wheat flour!:) it won't root, can be sold to others with no means for them to reproduce it, and you can easily make your self some bread for you gathering runs.
Development discussion / Re: Balancing food, freshness and fridges.
« Last post by ai_enabled on May 16, 2018, 10:47:30 pm »
I believe that the most discomfort is caused by the "normal" food with 3h shell life. Increase to 4.5h (so total more than 2 real-life days) should be enough with everything else kept as is.

Another consideration: addition of an icebox in the Tier I technologies will help on the early stages of gameplay until players will be able to build a fridge. To keep the balance, icebox should have only a minimal amount of slots and might be a little bit less efficient than a higher-tier fridge (for example, 7 times instead of 10 times of freshness decrease speed).
Development discussion / Balancing food, freshness and fridges.
« Last post by Lurler on May 16, 2018, 10:30:12 pm »
Question to everyone.

I saw many of you say in the game chat that fridges aren't particularly useful and that food still rots.
Well, that's to be expected as adding food that never spoils is bad for game balance. Especially considering that it's already quite easy to obtain food and water.

But still, I would like to better balance this system.

Currently food is separated into 4 categories:
- Perishable (1h)
- Normal (3h)
- NonPerishable (8h)
- Preserved (2d)

I will probably bump it to 1.5h, 4h, 8h and 2.5d to make it slightly more convenient.

Now, about fridges. They slow down freshness decrease by 10 times. I think it is quite a substantial increase.
But if you log our and login the next day and  your food has rotted away in the fridge I can see how fridge can feel a bit useless. But increasing it further, more than 10x would introduce disbalance.

Anyway, before I make final changes I'd like to hear what you think. Maybe there's a better way to fix it?
Development discussion / Re: CryoFall - new screenshots & news
« Last post by Lurler on May 16, 2018, 10:14:29 am »
Some of the main changes in the next version will be accessibility and "signposting". From the testing of this version we realized that there are quite a few things in the game that are not self explanatory or apparent by themselves. This needs to be addressed asap if we want new players to pick up the game.

So, some of the changes in the next version will be specifically to help with that. Hopefully we will add quests & tutorial, new interactive tooltips, ability to use items directly from inventory, inventory help screen and other such things. Well, there will be new items, technology and other stuff as always as this can be added in parallel just by myself and our artist, while other functional features require complex coding from ai_enabled.
Development discussion / Re: CryoFall - new screenshots & news
« Last post by p0ki on May 16, 2018, 10:09:27 am »
So, rather than making it slower - we will just continue adding new content to give players more stuff to unlock! :)
YES!
Ideas and suggestions / Re: some tip and ideas
« Last post by Lurler on May 15, 2018, 10:36:54 pm »
@kordenox, well it's too early to specifically discuss cities and their effect on gameplay as this is long way ahead and the game will change significantly by the time we reach that point.
As for party & map features - yes, this is also planned, but it has lower priority at the moment as we believe it is much better to implement remaining gameplay features first and only then switch to other improvements.

In the first - a very cool game, realy!  I see in it a huge potential, you are great fellows! My friend(Kordenox) and I have been looking something like CryoFall a very long time. In addition to Albion online and Fallout 2.5 online, have not found anything like this.
Great to hear that! :)

Secondly - is this possible to know approximate date of the next wipe, we will try to record letsplay at the beginning of the game.
I would say - around the end of May, but this is not 100% decided.
As with each update - we wipe the server when we release a new major version.
And yes, let's plays are most welcome! :)

In the third - actually to the ideas, may be do roof in houses in which I am not recorded as the owner?
This is something we considered as well. We will likely go back that idea a bit later when we finish reworking the wall system.
« Last post by Aroie on May 15, 2018, 01:05:50 pm »
In the first - a very cool game, realy!  I see in it a huge potential, you are great fellows! My friend(Kordenox) and I have been looking something like CryoFall a very long time. In addition to Albion online and Fallout 2.5 online, have not found anything like this.

Secondly - is this possible to know approximate date of the next wipe, we will try to record letsplay at the beginning of the game.

In the third - actually to the ideas, may be do roof in houses in which I am not recorded as the owner?

P.S. sorry for my awful english
« Last post by kordenox on May 15, 2018, 12:49:15 pm »
Hi again,
imho cities are a bad idea that just want work, i have seen it in many different games like minecraft etc... and i didn't see even one that actually works.
there are a few problems with cities:
1) there is a limit in building space, and in Cryofall's mechanism this will be a very big issue. either the city must be huge and a hell to navigate or players
will be very restricted in building space.
2) there is always a trust issue, for many players to cooperate you need resources distribution and gathering controlled by players for a single combined porpoises, this in it self creates new problems like steeling, different goals and need of individuals, and over all "blanket pulling". and if you make project that are impossible (or extremely hard) to achieve alone you will heart the game play for those who don't want to live in the city.
3) right now in the alpha you can see players working together perfectly in groups of 2 and 3, and "cities" are formed naturally.   
4) personally and only personally a big city will heart my game atmosphere of a post apocalypses, but that's my problem :) 
5) riders will find the way, we all ways do :)

on a different topic:
A) we do need some kind of party control that will make it possible to share maps and see each other on the map.
b) navpoints and a mini map to show them is extremely needed.
c) thank you for the fast replays, i hope i am not annoying you to much.
« Last post by Lurler on May 15, 2018, 08:50:25 am »
We are planning to also introduce explosives in the game to better balance how much effort it takes to break into someone's house. When we add them we will make it a bit more difficult to break in with conventional tools (like hitting walls with melee weapons). After that is done we will see how to move from there. There are also plans to introduce more wall types when we rework the wall system (currently it's a bit limiting and we want to change it).
« Last post by kordenox on May 15, 2018, 08:37:00 am »
3. We have number of ideas specifically to address early game defense issues. One of such ideas is the ability to craft the entire building in one go (small hut) that will have land claim built-in. We will see how it plays with that and then decide what to do next.
Frankly I'm not too keen on the idea of making indestructible bases. There's just too much potential to be abused.
Another thing to note is that we will be adding the ability to build cities where many players could join their forces together and be sure that they won't be raided because then raiders would go not just against one player, but against an entire city which would be much more difficult.

i was more talking about the end game storage and protraction. the early game is good as it is imho. you don't have much to steal early on and the time spent is not long, but now that we have lots of steel, electronics etc... we need a vault, a huge 8x8 indestructibly self claim vault :) (and a Panzer tank to guard it).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]