Not a bug persay - exceptions in virus protection software.

Started by MilesD37, October 08, 2018, 03:28:19 PM

MilesD37

My wife found the game last week randomly on steam, did a search and here we are. After a week of playing extensively I'm happy to report that I've encountered no bugs yet... Really smooth game play all around, excited to see where it goes from here!

However, I did want to let you know that certain virus protection software suits (I'm assuming others too, but specifically Bitdefender) views all aspects of the game as malware and instantly blocks it. If you catch it quickly, it's as simple as creating a quick exception (had to do it for two separate files while installing, and then once more when first running game, nothing since first install/run though).

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Lurler

Great to hear that you encountered no bugs! We try really hard to review all reports and fix any possible bugs and other issues.

Now, about antiviruses - unfortunately many of them are not sophisticated enough to actually do any useful analysis of the application and instead they simply brand any program that has not been signed by a certificate as a virus... but there isn't much we can do about it.
But frankly, the default Microsoft Security Essentials is much better than 95% of other antivirus software nowadays. And it doesn't raise false alarm like that.

Anyway, thank you for your report!