VoidExpanse - Patch notes v1.1.x

Started by Lurler, March 19, 2015, 03:03:39 AM

Radai

Hey guys,

All of the file IDs on the download page are the same (2199) which seem to reference the 1.1.7Win build. Just a heads-up as I was trying to get the latest Linux one and downloaded the Windows one about 4 times before I realized I'm an idiot. :D

ai_enabled

Thanks for reporting! It seems I'm am idiot as I've set wrong file (Win distr) for some Mac & Linux versions. Fixed now.

ai_enabled

VoidExpanse v1.1.8 is available now and it's going to Steam release!

Creat

Quote- Windowed borderless screen mode for Windows
- Smooth radar updating

yay finally :D
I can remove my command line options, thanks! Also the no longer stuttering radar is brilliant, as it's usually where you're looking when navigating (cruise mode)...

ai_enabled

Quote from: Creat on April 02, 2015, 06:27:00 AM
yay finally :D
I can remove my command line options, thanks! Also the no longer stuttering radar is brilliant, as it's usually where you're looking when navigating (cruise mode)...
Yes)
BTW, in borderless mode you cannot select active monitor from the game. Do we need to add this feature also? :-)

Radai

So I don't know if anyone else had this awesome experience: I updated from .6 to .8 and was excited to fix the Merchant issue I was seeing. I logged into my server and looked at the map and there were over 100 Merchant ships in the system, but none were moving. So I left the system and came back, hoping that it would trigger something and it took about 5 minutes for the area to load and they were all still there and it was behaving very choppily. I simply ran a /killall and cleared out all the Merchants to fix the issue, but just noting that it was an interesting result of the update. It seems only the system I was last in before patching my server experienced this. Otherwise, all is good! <3

Eviscerator

So, when can we expect our Steam Keys?  I mean, you sent another email asking for reviews if we own the game...but you can't leave a review on the game unless you have it through Steam, so...still waiting.

askew1

There is a button you can get to when you login to the Atomic Torch store to get your steam key.

http://atomictorch.com/Post/Id1098

ai_enabled

Quote from: Radai on April 02, 2015, 01:25:50 PM
So I don't know if anyone else had this awesome experience: I updated from .6 to .8 and was excited to fix the Merchant issue I was seeing. I logged into my server and looked at the map and there were over 100 Merchant ships in the system, but none were moving. So I left the system and came back, hoping that it would trigger something and it took about 5 minutes for the area to load and they were all still there and it was behaving very choppily. I simply ran a /killall and cleared out all the Merchants to fix the issue, but just noting that it was an interesting result of the update. It seems only the system I was last in before patching my server experienced this. Otherwise, all is good! <3
Hi! Yes, we're unable to fix the issue as the world is already populated by stupid Merchants. Glad you find a proper way to deal with them! :D

Creat

Quote from: ai_enabled on April 02, 2015, 08:09:17 AM
Yes)
BTW, in borderless mode you cannot select active monitor from the game. Do we need to add this feature also? :-)

No, I don't think so. As long as the game (implicitly?) respects the "Primary Monitor" setting that should be fine, and it always popped up on the primary for me so far. I personally always run my games on the primary monitor, since that's basically why it is the primary: For normal windows operation that setting doesn't really do a whole lot. For the (presumably very few) people who might need such an option, a command line switch would probably do, if you really want to implement some way to change monitors in that mode

ai_enabled