Party Invite Problems

Started by Klied, April 02, 2015, 05:18:06 PM

Klied

Heya, some friends and I just bought this game today, it's amazing by the way!
But we're having trouble getting the 3 of us in a single group.
When I invite Player A, him and I can group, but then neither of us can invite Player B.
If I leave group with player A, be ungrouped, and then invite Player B, it groups me with Player A, when Player B accepts.
We've tried leaving group, saving the server, restarting and inviting but nothings working.
Any ideas?

ai_enabled

Hi!
Very strange issue. Have you tried reconnecting to the server?
We will try to reproduce it and fix it ASAP.
Regards!

Klied

Yup yup, we've all disconnected, reconnected, even restarted the server and retried. No luck so far.  :(

ai_enabled

Ok, we will do our best on fixing it.
Regards!

ai_enabled

It seems we cannot reproduce the issue.
Please could you reproduce it again?

How we tested it:
(players A, B and C)
A create party.
A invites B.
B accepts.
A or B invites C.
C accepts.

We have a party with A, B and C players together.
Each player can see the other two players in his "party members portraits list".

ai_enabled

Also could you provide the server logs please (if the server is not dedicated they're located at Documents/AtomicTorchStudio/VoidExpanse/Logs).

Klied

Once my friend gets on (he's the one hosting the server) I'll get him to get the server logs.  :)
Something I forgot to include:
When Player A(ungrouped) invites Player C and Player C accepts, it puts Player A and Player B (who was ungrouped and not invited) into the same group. Leaving Player C still out of the group and unable to join. At any point when Player A and Player B (while grouped together) invite Player C, Player C never receives the invite.
Even is Player B disconnects from the server, and then Player A invites Player C, it puts Player A into a group with an Offline Player B. It's very weird  :P

I'll try to make a video and upload it to youtube later today in addition to adding the server logs to show the problem in action as well

ai_enabled

Klied, thanks for the description, you're right, it's really, really weird issue :o. Waiting for the video and logs!
Regards!

Klied

Got the things!

Video showing the grouping process, https://youtu.be/WY1vohtTLeo (no audio)
Server log file, http://pastebin.com/uf2xKGQX

p.s. sorry for my friend in chat.

ai_enabled

Great! Will be fixed in the next build.
Regards!

P.S. The chat is funny :-).

ai_enabled

The issue seems to be harder than we expected. Still not fixed.
Planned for the next patch (but not today patch).