VoidExpanse Hanging on Game creation?

Started by Merlyn, April 04, 2015, 06:01:25 PM

Merlyn

I am able to select single player then create world, it then goes to 100% and then the loading screen and this is as far as it gets, it just sit there till you shut it down? Can someone help, I have not been able to play the game since buying it yesterday?  :(

ai_enabled

Hello!
There are players on Steam who reported the same issue - http://steamcommunity.com/app/324260/discussions/0/611702631220603884/
Please could you do this and confirm if this helps?
QuoteCould you try to launch the game, then open Tasks manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), right click on the VoidExpanse in the list -> Set affinity and select 4 random cores of the available 8 cores of the CPU?

Regards!

Merlyn

Thanks for the "Lightning" response, I will look at this and let you know, thanks again....

Merlyn

I followed the link and read through it. I am running Win 8.1 so it was slightly different but once I worked out how to get there I managed to fix it.

For anyone that comes across this, This was what I did to fix the problem (thanks to ai_enabled):

This is a Steam Install for "VoidExpanse" on a Win 8.1 (64bit) machine with an AMD 8 Core CPU, 32GB Ram, 2 x AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Video Cards (2Gb Ram Each)...
1. Start "VoidExpanse" and get to the first Menu Screen,
2. Then start Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc),
3. Right click on the "VoidExpanse" All Icon,
4. Select "Go to Details",
5. Now right click again on "VoidExpanse",
6. Select "Set Affinity"
7. Finally select only 4 of the 8 CPU cores (I also found that selecting the first 4 did not work but selecting a random 4 did).

This needs to be done each time you play the game even after creating the galaxy successfully and loading it the next time. I am sure this will be a short term thing while a permanent fix is found and a patch set.

This fixed the problem of it hanging at the final loading screen after creating a new galaxy (and then loading the save games there after).

Thanks again ai_enabled for the express reply and ultimately fix!!

Great Job!!

ai_enabled

Merlyn, glad it works! We're working on the patch.
Regards!