VoidExpanse - Patch notes v0.9.x

Started by Lurler, July 24, 2014, 04:11:09 AM

Lurler

VoidExpanse v0.9.x Update patch notes.

You can find the release post here: https://atomictorch.com/Post/Id1070

VoidExpanse is now also available for Mac OS and Linux! You can download each build in "My games and items" on our website.

=== VoidExpanse v0.9.9b ===
List of changes: http://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=203.msg1811#msg1811

=== VoidExpanse v0.9.8 ===
List of changes: http://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=203.msg1612#msg1612

=== VoidExpanse v0.9.7 ===
List of changes: http://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=203.msg1518#msg1518

=== VoidExpanse v0.9.6 ===
List of changes: http://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=203.msg1363#msg1363

=== VoidExpanse v0.9.5 ===
List of changes: http://forums.atomictorch.com/index.php?topic=203.msg1156#msg1156

=== VoidExpanse v0.9.4 ===
Changes:
   * Updated extras menu.
   * Increased station storage size to 1000.

Fixed:
   * Minor save game issue.
   * Containers in the world are disappearing when docking.
   * Connection with master server closing right after connection with game server established.
   * Game client disconnects from Local GameServer when Multiplayer menu closes.
   * Some fixes to texts.

=== VoidExpanse v0.9.3 ===

Changes:
   * Server logs will now flush (write all pending entries) before shut down.
   * Save game will now properly check compatibility and display correct information.
   * Multiplayer servers will now properly notify the client if the version is different.

Fixed:
   * Freezing on Mac due to local server issues.
   * The game crash when quitting.
   * Turret line is offsetted when flying at full speed.

=== VoidExpanse v0.9.2 ===

Changes:
   * Server performance stats logging is now implemented to make it easier to identify any potential problems in the future.
   * Graphical assets optimization (up to 25% size reduction).
   * CPU usage improved significantly (network related issue).
   * Improved networking & physics interpolation.

Fixed:
   * Critical bug with ModsConfig.xml
   * Bug with creation of local game.

=== VoidExpanse v0.9.1 ===

Changes:
   * Made radar ranges higher. Now different radars will give different surroundings scanning range.
   * New explosions, also dependent on the size of the object.
   * Updated backgrounds generation.
   * Explosions now add impulse, based on radius and max_radius.
   * Improved shadows rendering. Now much smoother.
   * Refactored savegames system. Now much better, faster and smaller. I hope it works... :)
   * Update credits (license usage).
   * New trail effects.
   * Other small changes.

Fixed:
   * Hardcore mode not working.
   * Gentleman bonus not working properly.
   * Banshee Mk2, ballistic hardpoint position.
   * Ramming not counting towards kills.
   * "About trade" and "Trade route" shouldn't be in history section.
   * Gratitude phrases. "Thanks much", etc.
   * Disruptor ray description, properties and requirements.
   * Freighter blinker is on the wrong side.
   * Radars not using energy.
   * Bug with rocket model position in relation to world origin.
   * Weapons doted lines aren't moving with mouse.
   * Quest tooltips not working.
   * Tooltip of consumables isn't displaying properly.
   * Effects definitions.
   * Hull repair doesn't work and tell "the item is on cooldown" 3 times.
   * Mines and missiles giving too much explosion impulse.
   * Astrogeology skill doesn't work.
   * Character avatar not displaying after Alt+Tab.
   * Some windows not closed by ESC key.
   * Other fixes.

=== VoidExpanse v0.9.0 ===

New features:
   * Character classes are now implemented. Depending on your choice you will get completely different starting skills and items.
   * Skill system is now fully implemented and includes more than a hundred skills separated into four categories: piloting, combat, engineering and social.
   * New NPC types using new ships and new weapons.
   * A whole lot of new weapons for all categories.
   * Missile weapons were finally implemented and include a whole range of different types starting from self guided missiles to a tactical nuclear weapon.
   * New space garbage types.
   * A lot of new sounds are added and some existing ones are adjusted.
   * New space backgrounds.
   * New music, making it now a total of 18 tracks with a play time of almost an hour.
   * When you target a ship the pilots portrait is now shown.
   * Added more random quests.
   * Screenshot format selector in options: now you are able to choose between PNG and JPG.
   * Reputation changes with factions are now properly displayed.
   * New trading system allowing you to finally trade and extract profit from it. As well as other changes such as random stock generation for items, etc.
   * Server settings are implemented.
   * New weapons models in the game, different for each weapon category.
   * Mini bosses. Now you can encounter pirate "encampments" in all systems.
   * New hulls for your to purchase and use.
   * UI scaling is implemented.
   * The game now supports HiDPI resolutions (with proper UI), will be especially important to Mac users.
   * A ton of other new stuff.

Changes:
   * Renaming to a lot of things in the game.
   * Changes and fixes to existing quests.
   * New topics to discuss with NPC. For example you can ask a broker on a trade station about profitable trade routes.
   * Weapons definition format is extended with new properties. Some older properties that weren't working are now implemented.
   * Game performance is improved significantly.
   * Music now slowly transitions.
   * Rewritten cache management (textures / models / sounds), now fully asynchronous and multithreaded.
   * Help window image is replaced with higher resolution to remove blurriness.
   * Much better mining effects, including pieces of rocks flying away from the asteroid being mined.
   * Skills are now separated into "essential" and "non essential" and are visually distinct.
   * Items can now require effects instead of skills (important for modding).
   * Replaced physics for ships (now much more "real world correct"). Flying feels much smoother now.
   * Extended keybindings.
   * Changes to some texts in the game.
   * Changes to experience / character level progression.
   * Civilian items are now always infinite of all stations.
   * Improved all in-game tooltips. For example consumable tooltips now display full and correct information.
   * Added info on where a particular item must be equipped to tooltips.
   * If you try to undock and you don't have any weapons it will ask you if you really want to do it.
   * A ton of other changes.

Fixed:
   * Autosave lag.
   * Bugs with quests.
   * Textures disappearing.
   * Weapons positions on the ship.
   * Game crash after respawn.
   * Incorrect models positions.
   * Sun effect using too much processing time even if not visible.
   * Space dust disappearing after Unity 4.5.
   * Bugs with "apply" in options.
   * Console bugs / crashes.
   * Background screen not updating after death.
   * Inventory being open after death.
   * Dead players ship not respawning when savegame loaded.
   * Avatars rendering quality (gray pixels on edges).
   * Issues with help screen (not closed by F1, sometimes opened by F8/F9).
   * All asteroids being the same size.
   * Ships use side thrusters too much while docking.
   * Blurred vector graphics.
   * "Show on map" - shows incorrect marker.
   * Music not looping, starting / stopping incorrectly.
   * A ton of other fixes.

ai_enabled

Please note this patch is HUGE literally - because we added a lot of new graphics & music into it.

kyokei

Very awesome! - kunix server will get upgrade to the experimental version tonight :)

Lurler

Quote from: kyokei on July 24, 2014, 06:42:12 AM
Very awesome! - kunix server will get upgrade to the experimental version tonight :)
I would recoment to wait for a stable version, though.

Tchey

Nice, i love long and fat change logs, thank you for your effort and... keep going !
[url="http://jeux1d100.net/blog/"]http://jeux1d100.net/blog/[/url]

Lurler

While we are continuing with the development of the new version here is something I've been working on as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1p1gCWj9Ps
It is the new trailer intended for Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo releases.
This is a very early and somewhat crappy version of the trailer, but I thought I would share it with you as you may give us a lot of very useful feedback, which I am looking forward to :)

kyokei

I like the trailer, sadly had to watch it without sound due to being at work.
2 things I noticed were the lack of flashy stuff and second one was seeing I think some FPS lag in the first minute.
The trailer should be more extreme and more space like! And you should show some multiplayer action (I would still propose you add a party UI as this will really promote the game much more)

I really can't wait for the game to come to Greenlight so it gets some more attention. You guys have been doing an amazing job!

- Watched it again at home... I don't feel like the music fits the trailer/game... rest of the game is so nice and quiet and this is so super hyperactive/arcady!
I think with some polish and some more flashy stuff this will be a great trailer :)

Tchey

Honestly, i don't like the trailer.

- The game is not sold as a fighting game, it's not hack'n'slash, it's not shot'm up, it's more like a sandbox space RPG, with fight, trade, mining, exploration, faction...
- The music doesn't fit at all. Actually maybe it's the music ingame ? I don't even know. I switched it off after 5 minutes the first time i've played, and never switched it back on.
- Void Expanse, the way i feel it, is a quite slow paced game, even if you go for a fighting career. And it's very good that way. I expect a more slow, cool, less electro, music.
- When showing character creation screen, go faster, show more portraits (oh, what about women ?).
- The ship is hard to notice when going via portal. Too small, and not enough contrast with background.
- Exploring huge galaxy in nice, the picture is good. Maybe show more different backgrounds and planets and floating objects.
- Maybe spend more time about Trading, and add Mining.

[url="http://jeux1d100.net/blog/"]http://jeux1d100.net/blog/[/url]

Lurler

I have updated the first post to include the list of changes for v0.9.1 that we've just released.

kyokei

I'm very curious to know what you are going to do with the launcher now that you support Win, Mac and Linux. Also curious to know what you will do once you get on Steam.

Side question, did you upgrade the experimental version? if so then I need to update Kunix (I know you said not to update to the exp. version but I had to! ) :)

ai_enabled

Quote from: kyokei on July 29, 2014, 04:23:47 AM
I'm very curious to know what you are going to do with the launcher now that you support Win, Mac and Linux.
We're planning to port the GameLauncher application to Mac & Linux, but to do that we need to wait until the NoesisGUI team implements support for Mono applications.

Quote from: kyokei on July 29, 2014, 04:23:47 AMSide question, did you upgrade the experimental version? if so then I need to update Kunix (I know you said not to update to the exp. version but I had to! ) :)
Yes, we have updated the experimental build. Most important change - savegames system is fixed (v0.9.0 saves weren't working properly).

r4gegaming

When is the full stable v0.9.0 going to come out aprox?

Lurler

We've just released a new version.
Cross your fingers, we are really hoping that it will be the last patch for this version and it should become the stable version :)

I have updated the first post to list changes.

kyokei

The trailer really turned out cool!