0.9.4 bugs - so far

Started by kyokei, August 01, 2014, 07:40:11 AM

kyokei

Tab to show online people doesn┬┤t work
Asteroid scanning doesn┬┤t work... Have not tried it when not being a Prospector
World saves still freeze up gameplay for 1-2 seconds in multiplayer

Linux version:
- Things in the menu┬┤s don┬┤t look OK... all the screens go outside of the scrolling area... Seen this in Skills, shop, System, Galaxy,
- Enemy health doesn┬┤t update properly. Keep shotting them with lasers, they are full shield + full health and suddenly they die. When you lock onto them the portait shows the correct shields + health
- Energy, Shield and Health bar shows correct % but bars stays full
-

Ill keep updating

ai_enabled

Thanks for reporting! We will start working on fixing this issues ASAP.
Regards!

kyokei

Also something I┬┤m not quite sure about. At the moment I am using the freighter hull with 2X Rotary AC 20P... when I find a pirate I can easily shoot down his shield and then take a part of hill hull and then it stops.... I can shoot all I want but no hull damage comes off.
Then the pirate would regen  a bit of shield and then I can finally kill him.

Expanding Man

I'm also experiencing similar strangeness with damange of enemy ships.  At some point my weapons no longer seem to damage them, but then their shields recharge, I bring them back down, and I kill them.  I'm not 100% sure if it is some game mechanic that I'm not understanding, but it certainly seems like a bug.

Lurler

That definitely seems like a bug. Although that is really strange as I can't imagine what could cause such behaviour. But either way when we are back in the office on monday we will investigate the issue.
One question though - when exactly does that bug appear and how?

Hammish

I actually get the same thing.  Their shields drop very quickly and they take some hull damage, then it seems to stop.  After a little bit I'll see their shields reinitiate and hover around 20% or so, give or take.  After a bit more time I'll be able to damage the hull again... but the shield never drops again for me, and they die with shields left on their ships.  Might it have something to do with the introduction of multiple shield types?  I was never really sure how the shield statistic was derived for NPCs anyway, since they don't seem to have a gear listing for the shield, just general mods (-hull percentage, ect) and then weapons.

Expanding Man

Unfortunately it seems to occur very sporadically.  I was playing a game last night in which it didn't seem to happen at all.  Other times I've been completely unable to kill ships.  My only guess is that it might have something to do with the way shields are taken down and re-established.  I'm pretty sure it has never happened before I've taken the shields of a particular ship down completely at least once (i.e. never when the ship had full hull). 

ai_enabled

Most issues resolved in v0.9.5.
But Linux issues still present if you play in the Windowed mode. The Fullscreen mode should not have any issues, but we tested only on our testing machines with a NVIDIA GPU.
Regards!

kyokei

Quote from: ai_enabled on August 04, 2014, 03:51:35 AM
Some issues resolved in v0.9.5.
But Linux issues still present if you play in Windowed mode. Fullscreen mode should not have any issues!
Awesome, will update kunix tonight as I can't SSH or FTP into it from work and will give the linux client a run :)

Hardenberg

I'm afraid that the shield/invulnerability bug is still present in 0.9.5; I just encountered a pirate hideout that simply refused to lose health, no matter how hard I pounded it. The same issue occurs with alarming frequency on regular enemies, no matter what the system level is. Once the shield restore animation plays, they become vulnerable for a while. Pirate hideouts, obviously having no shields, simply remain unkillable.

There's also a couple of typos (the most glaring obvious was the "Scaterpack" types of mines, which probably should be "Scatterpacks").

Also, items in station don't seem to shuffle/respawn; I've been trying forever to get a second particle beam cannon (/w capacitor) after buying the first one. A similar issue is the "special" boxes with the alien artifacts in them and a cruiser guarding them. The cruisers respawn without fail, but the boxes remain despite being empty. The alien artifacts also sit in the station inventory without ever being removed.

Also, some of the faction missions are reoffered, but do not terminate properly as far as the dialogue goes. And the "hacking the fanatics device" quest could use a few pointers on what to do - I assume that thing is essential for joining the fanatics, but is easy to fail and seems to be a one time only offer.

Lurler

1. This is a very strange bug. We were trying to find any indications on it, but we can't seem to even reproduce it. But it is on our todo list and we will try to resolve it for sure.

2. Fixed. Thank you! Will be in the next version.

3. They actually do. The station is repopulated with new stock every 5 minutes. Along with changes to goods prices and statuses (sell/buy).

4. About quests. What quest exactly is given twice? It shouldn't happen... As for failing a quest - don't worry, you can actually fail only certain quests, but if you complete all others you can still join the faction. So, it is not possible to completely fail everything and not be able to join.

ai_enabled

Quote from: Lurler on August 05, 2014, 12:00:04 AM
3. They actually do. The station is repopulated with new stock every 5 minutes. Along with changes to goods prices and statuses (sell/buy).
It's important to note: 5 minutes since last visit of any players ship. And it's never happens while somebody (you or other player) docked to the station.

Hardenberg

Quote1. This is a very strange bug. We were trying to find any indications on it, but we can't seem to even reproduce it. But it is on our todo list and we will try to resolve it for sure.

For what it's worth, it only happened to me after switching to plasma cannons. When I had only pulse lasers on the Deathbringer, I never observed that kind of behavior - it might be intrinsic to the weapon type.

Quote4. About quests. What quest exactly is given twice? It shouldn't happen... As for failing a quest - don't worry, you can actually fail only certain quests, but if you complete all others you can still join the faction. So, it is not possible to completely fail everything and not be able to join.

I had "Kidnappers" offered twice to me, with the second one not ending properly - the dialogue is stuck at the point where I am supposed to fly to meet the pirates, though I do recall getting reimbursed.

"Mercenary Crimes" also did not terminate properly, I have multiple instances of the last quest dialogue in the log:
http://s2.postimg.org/lj2f1gh4o/Clipboard01.jpg

QuoteIt's important to note: 5 minutes since last visit of any players ship. And it's never happens while somebody (you or other player) docked to the station.
Is it necessary to leave the system, or is leaving the station sufficient? Anyways, the recovered alien artefacts still sit in the station inventories where I sold them.

Samui

Quote"Mercenary Crimes" also did not terminate properly, I have multiple instances of the last quest dialogue in the log

I was noticed that you can end this quest again after finishing(or failing) another officer quest.(0.9.8/0.9.9) And you can take loyalty quests from officers even after joining Order, that have no logic...

ai_enabled

Hello! Thanks for reporting. We will investigate this issue prior to next version. There are also can be some other quests with such problem, if you notice report please!
Regards!