Question about future features

Started by Flemmi, April 03, 2014, 01:36:21 PM

Flemmi

hello,

I have looked around but did not found a page to look at planned features or so.
if there is one feel free to link it.

Also I have one specific question. Will it be possible to build up your own empire, with conquering systems and so? kind of like in Mount and Blade. I read in another thread that you cannot lead your own army or so, it would be awesome if you could!

And a second question not directly about the game.
What kind of payment system do your Shop accept?

Dead Videos

since this thread already exists i'll post my questions here as well not to detract from the importance of Flemmi's questions at all.

I also would like to know if there is a planned features page, preferably with details not just, we plan to add this thing. but
we plan to add Thing A which will accomplish tasks B and C delivering experience D

If not then these are my further questions

In another thread it was stated that the is no Point to mouse button, for this kind of game its vastly important especially in combat  any plans on that?

How much CAN this game take? assuming this game takes off ( it does seem fantastic) i'd like to know i can lay it down with a few hundred mods then have it actually use my copious quantities of Ram, all my processor cores and actually use all of my GPU,  without the engine failing and breaking faster than overdone peanut brittle. like certain other games ( bethesda im looking at you)

How exactly does multiplayer work? i can't seem to find anything on multiplayer specifically.

Lurler

Quote from: Flemmi on April 03, 2014, 01:36:21 PM
I have looked around but did not found a page to look at planned features or so.
if there is one feel free to link it.
There is no such page at the moment.
But there is a partial list of things we would like to do in the game itself. If you press "extras" - it's there.

Also I have one specific question. Will it be possible to build up your own empire, with conquering systems and so? kind of like in Mount and Blade. I read in another thread that you cannot lead your own army or so, it would be awesome if you could!
It's to early to say at the moment, but who knows! :)

And a second question not directly about the game.
What kind of payment system do your Shop accept?
For now we accept PayPal payments.

Lurler

Quote from: Dead Videos on April 03, 2014, 03:06:31 PM
I also would like to know if there is a planned features page, preferably with details not just, we plan to add this thing. but
we plan to add Thing A which will accomplish tasks B and C delivering experience D
I hope someone can help us with that so we can add a detailed wiki page like some other games have.
If someone can do that I would be happy to answer questions regarding our plans.
But for us, we are overwhelmed with other release work so, it's unlikely we can write anything like that any time soon.

In another thread it was stated that the is no Point to mouse button, for this kind of game its vastly important especially in combat  any plans on that?
I am not sure I understand your question. Could you please elaborate on it?

How much CAN this game take? assuming this game takes off ( it does seem fantastic) i'd like to know i can lay it down with a few hundred mods then have it actually use my copious quantities of Ram, all my processor cores and actually use all of my GPU,  without the engine failing and breaking faster than overdone peanut brittle. like certain other games ( bethesda im looking at you)
Well as we stated on the site - modding was one of the important things from the beginning and the game itself is written as a one big mod. So yes, you can put a whole bunch of mods to customize your gameplay. Someone has to create them first, though :)

How exactly does multiplayer work? i can't seem to find anything on multiplayer specifically.
Similar to minecraft. Anyone can create their server and share it with others. Then you can play it as a mini MMO. All multiplayer servers will have a persistent worlds (unless the server admin decides otherwise).

DestinyVoid

To clarify (and correct me if I'm wrong), I believe by point to mouse button, they're asking for a button you press which automatically turns your ship to where your mouse is pointing :)

Dead Videos

nope your on the money destinyvoid that is quite what i meant.
and lurler your really on top of the communities questions round here, i like to see that in a dev, you'll go far me thinks.

Lurler

I believe the main problem with the controls that people have steams from the fact that most people don't know that they can use SPACE to stop the ship. Without this button controls really do seem difficult.
We have implemented info screen when you start new game that will show all info.

Beanie

I would also like to know about payment methods. I don't have a paypal account, but would love to see this game on steam if possible.
I'm looking forward to playing this game, but can't see any other method of payment other than paypal.

Lurler

Quote from: Beanie on April 05, 2014, 01:22:58 AM
I would also like to know about payment methods. I don't have a paypal account, but would love to see this game on steam if possible.
I'm looking forward to playing this game, but can't see any other method of payment other than paypal.
We would love to see VoidExpanse on Steam too :)
But for now the only possible payment method is PayPal. I can't offer any alternatives I'm afraid.

Beanie

That's unfortunate. Will there be any other purchasing options available in the near future?

Lurler

Quote from: Beanie on April 05, 2014, 02:09:42 AM
That's unfortunate. Will there be any other purchasing options available in the near future?
I really can't tell at that point... We will try to push the game to some distribution platforms but I don't know what will work out yet.