Names / Chat / Messages

Started by Warbot, October 17, 2018, 05:22:30 PM

Warbot

So I heard these things are getting some work, too.

Just to make sure these are not overlooked, I'd like to bring up some points here:

- Names... you can forget about that completely, anywhere else than in chat you can't read them, and it's not because most people have foreign or hard to read names. ^^
They are just too small and should not scale down below a certain level, on a common resolution while being zoomed out max (mandatory) you can't read any name,
not even speaking of moving yourself or someone else moving while trying to read.

- Important messages... like who's looting your stuff, you won't even know there was a message if you're not staring at it nonstop.
There needs to be a separate chat channel for such messages.

If you're at it anyways, I'd recommend making chat channels fully customizable and easy to use, just have like 2 or 3 default, like:
global chat,
group chat / pm,
system messages / combat messages / environmental messages
but have a "+" next to it enabling to add any number of channels and rightclick->customize each one as you want, to show exactly what you want.
And don't forget to include the options to customize the sound for all that.

ai_enabled

Hello!
Thanks for your suggestions. It's not the first time we hear about these requests so everything is noted.