Ready for Steam?

Started by Strmy, March 17, 2015, 12:20:33 AM

Strmy

Hi, I bought the game thanks to the info on the steam and i already invested around 20+ hours in the game. So first i have to say that the game is great and awesome and i in the future it will be big hit. But are you really ready for the steam? For the hate and disrespectfull people? You know that your game is not finished but will it know your customers? I would personaly recomend you to go Early access on steam, this way there will be time for you to finish and polish your game :-)

Lurler

Well, the game IS ready. There is nothing more it needs for release. And we plan to have the release very soon (within a couple of weeks).

However, we would definitely like to continue working on it and adding new features and content and that's actually what we plan to do. Hopefully the release on steam will allow us to do that. Everything depends on the sales numbers! :)

Silberspeer

Quote from: Strmy on March 17, 2015, 12:20:33 AM
But are you really ready for the steam? For the hate and disrespectfull people?

Just bring'em on!  :D

WelshPixie

Our community on Steam has been surprisingly lovely since we released our game (we got through Greenlight). We'd heard nothing but bad things about, initially, the kinds of comments we'd get on Greenlight and then about the kind of reception we'd get once the game went live, but everyone's been really awesome.  Hopefully it'll be the same for you guys!

Silberspeer

Quote from: WelshPixie on March 17, 2015, 11:01:22 PM
Our community on Steam has been surprisingly lovely since we released our game (we got through Greenlight). We'd heard nothing but bad things about, initially, the kinds of comments we'd get on Greenlight and then about the kind of reception we'd get once the game went live, but everyone's been really awesome.  Hopefully it'll be the same for you guys!
Yeah, we hope it'll be that way. Anyway, rage fighting -it is the thing we can do:)

omicron

most of the flamer kids don`t understand that it needs time to create a game.
they want every feature within the next ten minutes. hehe

keep going the way you did.
you guys did a great work!

and yes, it is ready for steam.
you guys need money to continue ;)

Strmy

Did not say its not ready for steam but is it ready for full release? I think the Early access will give you "space" when something wont work as planed ;)

kyokei

Quote from: Strmy on March 18, 2015, 01:25:07 PM
Did not say its not ready for steam but is it ready for full release? I think the Early access will give you "space" when something wont work as planed ;)
We already had this discussion multiple times - the devs do not want to go into Early Access.
At the time I was also saying what you are saying but now I do understand why they do not want to go into EA.
The game is almost finished although more "enhancements" could be added. Going into Early Access means that you need to listen to the feedback given on Steam and make the changes where relevant. This means that the game would not go to a "released" status for a while (since we all know they will get a sh*t-ton of feedback/complaints/comments from people that know better).
Also these days people tend to not buy into the Early Access anymore as before, meaning that if your game is in EA people tend to look more negatively at it.

I fully agree that the devs should go for a full release, and I just want to say that they should do that release sooner than later. Releasing more towards the summer will not be good as I know a lot of people do go outside (really?), so the sales won't be as big.

As said in another post, I think it would be good to release the game with a can-do list, a wish-list and a possible roadmap on where you want to go if the game sells well enough. Such information will trigger people into buying the game as they can see that the devs won't just drop all development.

Knowing the devs, if people get issues playing the game, they will solve any post-release issue with the speed of Thor's hammer-throw! :)

Silberspeer

Quote from: kyokei on March 19, 2015, 07:28:09 AM
We already had this discussion multiple times - the devs do not want to go into Early Access.
At the time I was also saying what you are saying but now I do understand why they do not want to go into EA.
The game is almost finished although more "enhancements" could be added. Going into Early Access means that you need to listen to the feedback given on Steam and make the changes where relevant. This means that the game would not go to a "released" status for a while (since we all know they will get a sh*t-ton of feedback/complaints/comments from people that know better).
Also these days people tend to not buy into the Early Access anymore as before, meaning that if your game is in EA people tend to look more negatively at it.

I fully agree that the devs should go for a full release, and I just want to say that they should do that release sooner than later. Releasing more towards the summer will not be good as I know a lot of people do go outside (really?), so the sales won't be as big.

As said in another post, I think it would be good to release the game with a can-do list, a wish-list and a possible roadmap on where you want to go if the game sells well enough. Such information will trigger people into buying the game as they can see that the devs won't just drop all development.

Knowing the devs, if people get issues playing the game, they will solve any post-release issue with the speed of Thor's hammer-throw! :)

Ah, kyokei, thank you so much for letting me not to explain again our official position and reasons why we are not going to EA! You did it very well! :D But, I must say that we are not going to use some roadmaps, to-do lists and stuff like that. It maybe makes the game less anticipated, but for us it will look like a direct promise to do something. We prefer to promise something in a very short-term perspective and connect these promises to the current situation. Being free and flexible this way. In addition, we'll have a lots of work with an issues and bugs and everything after release, so making any hasty promises would be ... err... inappropriate.  8)