As you can already tell we are finally starting the closed test! This is the most important milestone for the project. And I'm very happy that we have finally reached that point!Note:
If you'd like to submit an application to take part in the closed test or just read a bit more information about it - you can find relevant information in this thread
Anyway, in this thread I'd like to explain everything you need to know to participate in that closed test. So, let's go over everything that's important to consider for the test.First of all, the rules:
- Please do not post anything about this test on any outside resources. The game is not finished yet and this closed test would not give an accurate representation about the project. Hence it is still a closed test, rather than open release.
- Please do not post or otherwise share any screenshots or videos on any outside resources. If you would like to post a screenshot on this forum please use google drive or dropbox and simply provide a link to the screenshot.
- Basically, while we do not ask you to sign an NDA or anything like that, still, please don't post anything on the outside resources while we are still in the closed phase. However, you are completely free to post anything you'd like regarding the project on this forum. Whether criticism, suggestions or anything else.Next, there are a few issues that are bound to come up, so here's some information:
Currently the game supports Windows 7 and later (e.g. 8, 10). It also requires .NET Framework 4.6.1, it should be installed by default, but if not - please use web installer
There is still no client lag prediction
for the character movement. It means if you have a high ping (100+ ms) and you press the movement key, your character will start moving only after the ping time as it will wait for the server processing and response. It may feel quite bad, but it should still be playable. Later we will obviously implement local movement prediction that would make the game perfectly playable even with pings of up to 300-400.
- If the game doesn't connect - simply restart
the client and try again. We will address stability in the coming weeks.
- The mobs (monsters) in the game currently don't have a proper AI (but they do drop loot). For now it is purely a technology test. You can do some PvP if you'd like, though.
- There is no sound or music yet.
- There are items in the game that currently have no use (e.g. "dry cement powder" is useless now, but later will be used for construction).
- The game balance is still very rough. We will address that based on testing.
- Please keep in mind that we will restart the server many times. Maybe even several times a day, so you will lose all progress
. Please don't look at this test as a chance to play the game, but rather - actual testing.What is completed?
- The crafting should work perfectly and there are about half a hundred recipes you can craft.
- There are about a hundred items you can either find or craft, that you can use or do something with.
- Weapons partially work. That is, they work, but not in a way that will be in the finished game. For example it still uses very basic animation and effects.
- PvP, respawning, player looting, etc. all works.
- Basically most of the very basic systems work to some degree and you can try everything and see how it plays.What to pay attention to?
- Aside from the game itself, please also pay attention to network stability. You will see network stats in the top left corner.
- Obviously any strange behaviors you see from the game.
- Well, and the game itself of course! What we are looking for from you?
- General feedback. Basically anything that you think it worth noting.
- Criticism. If you dislike anything in the game - let us know. It is very important for us to iron out anything that isn't up to standard.
- Suggestions. If you think you have an idea on how to improve anything in the game - please share it with us.
- Feature requests. If you'd like to see something implemented in the game - please share your idea with us! Make sure to follow the suggestions guide, though. It would help us a lot if you do.
- Anything else? Please do share!
And a small note about the above - if you are going to make a report or write a suggestion - please do each of that in a separate thread. That is - one thread per issue/request/report. This way we can concentrate on a specific point in each thread. It would make it much easier to follow the main point of discussion.How to install the game?
1. You should have received an activation code by a private message already. Please activate that code in your "my games and items" page at https://atomictorch.com
2. After that please download AtomicTorchLauncher
. It doesn't require installation or anything like that. Just place it anywhere you'd like, like a desktop.
3. Run the launcher. If you have already activated the code you should see CryoFall there. Simply press install, it will take a few minutes to download and install.
4. When that is finished - launch the game.
5. Next go to the "Servers" tab and connect to the game server. There should be only one.
6. You will be spawned in the game. You can use your map to find your way around the island. Don't forget to use chat ("Enter" key) to talk to other players. We should be online as well from time to time (especially during our working hours).
7. Play for a couple of hours!
8. You can find the world map here
8. Don't forget to take part in the survey after you played for a bit! (link was sent to you in PM).<<<>>>
Well, that should cover everything important for now. See you in the game!