Few suggestions

Started by Neoxion, October 16, 2018, 09:48:31 AM

Xargt

Quote from: Neoxion on October 17, 2018, 04:35:31 PM
@Xargt
So, here is one for you :)

WooohoooO!   ;D

End-game gears are meant to be very stressful to craft.
It's fine - I didnt mention anything like this. Why stressful though? Difficult maybe.

(I wonder who is this "I" I'm talking to.)  ;)
It doesn't seem difficult as this doesn't require much skills to accomplish. Easy for me to say though.
Stressful because this is causing me mental or emotional stress. Common fact that grinding is stressful and we've accepted that.

Nothing is fair as long as there is a competition.
If someone placed a stupid claim and we blow up walls and this claim to see, that we did it for nothing and cannot compete because we are not allowed to, than it's not fair.

I'm sorry. Could you please rephrase this? I'm trying to understand what you really mean.

CryoFall seems encouraging us to form a group; players with different specializations.
Definately, but group also needs some goal.

Right! What is the goal of your group? It is most likely different goal from other groups. Not unless, All players are in one group, or if you can convince all other groups.

I got my hands on every resource in the game, have top tier stuff and have a claim on a strategic resource myself. But I just see how this system discourages people and they just leave.

Leave for what reason? There are a lot of possible reasons.
Are you sure they left or they were just waiting for the next round without even saying "gg"?

P.S. Your answer looks like a bot response btw :)
Thank you.  ;)

Neoxion

@Xargt
I have the same nickname on EU server. I think rates and respawn timers are boosted for now, servers are 15% populated and it's easy to stay alive and farm - that's why it doesn't require a lot of skill to get everything.

We raided a lithium base to capture it, but claims cannot be destroyed now. Some people just left the game after that, because you cannot do anything if something is taken already, pointless to fight. I dont know if they will return after wipe - they may not follow updates in discord and forums. People leave because PVP is dead lategame (you can easily run from any fight btw - there are several ways to manipulate your stamina, you can run across 70% of the map with some ingame/not bug abusing tricks), they leave because there is no way to recapture taken stuff, most people will leave if they dont get high-end content to be on the same level as top players (and now high level resources cannot be recaptured).

The goal is to get access to all game resources, grow in numbers, raid and shoot others, so they will be forced to form groups in order to fight back, thus making this game shine. These servers need some chineese attention for sure - the way they play is just by having large groups of people farming 12+ hours and killing everyone who is not from their group. Everyone else on the server knows that their doom is inevitable if they don't cooperate, people start working together, looking for other players in social networks and forums.

Xargt

Quote from: Neoxion on October 18, 2018, 02:17:17 AM
I have the same nickname on EU server. I think rates and respawn timers are boosted for now, servers are 15% populated and it's easy to stay alive and farm - that's why it doesn't require a lot of skill to get everything.

Greetings, Neoxion.

Quote from: Neoxion on October 18, 2018, 02:17:17 AM
We raided a lithium base to capture it, but claims cannot be destroyed now. Some people just left the game after that, because you cannot do anything if something is taken already, pointless to fight.

Claims will be destroyed in a number of days. I assume it depends on its upgrade.
Your group can secure it, or force the owner to leave in a couple of ways.

Our group raided a lithium base as well, but we've managed to secure it. I can't say we are happy though. What we did is complicated compared to how easy to simply place a land claim there during newbie status. No thinking. No sweat. No grinding and such compared to crafting a lot of bombs. All they need to do is to be online at the very first day, rush running there, and that's it. Bam! Land claim. Get rekt, boys.

I understand your point. I agree with you that devs should change the mechanic about this.

Else, people will just keep on asking "When is the next wipe?"
And no one will probably respond with the exact date and time, which is hilarious.

I understand that there are no ETA. Devs will never be sure when they will finish their big updates.

So what will the players do if they wish to dominate or at least have a good race to others who also wish to dominate?
Try to be online every single day? Ask everyday "When is the next wipe?"
Isn't that hilarious?

Xargt

@ai_enabled

Sir, I have another suggestion aside from the special 1-limit land claim that I've suggested.

Either you post the exact date and time a week before the wipe on all servers, and/or add another feature where a server won't start until there are at least 30 players are ready to begin.

I consider this as a strategy game. But in strategy games, a game won't start unless all players are ready, right?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm getting too far from the point of the game.
Please enlighten me?

ai_enabled

@Xargt, we usually post an announcement about the server wipe in Discord at least 5 days before it happens. Please follow us there and we will ensure @everyone will be notified. Later, we want to implement a separate chat channel right in the game to deliver the important notifications such as a server wipe announcement.

The issue with the oil/lithium resource domination is recognized as a balancing issue and will be addressed in the next update. We prefer the iterative balancing approach by applying reasonable changes and gathering the players feedback to consider further improvements.

The next wipe is expected this month lately or early next month.

Regards!

Neoxion

@Xargt
If you want to capture something now - you need several people. Get in the base, destroy claim and bed, build your bases around this base (isolate it) so previous owner cannot get there for an entire duration of the countdown, but dont you think that it's kind of extreme? And not all spots can be secured that way (there is just not enough free space around). Or you can guard the spot for an entire timer duration - good luck with that.
Server restart will definately be a mess and someone will have an advantage for sure, but I think it will be the most action packed lifecycle of the server anyway. It's not a strategy game in it's pure form, but you need some strategy for sure.

@ai_enabled
People are saying that wipe will be on 25th of October? Is it just a rumor? I don't know where this information is coming from.

ai_enabled

Neoxion, I wrote the planned release date above. Any exact date is a rumor unless it's posted in the official Discord's announcements channel with @everyone notification.

Xargt

Quote from: ai_enabled on October 18, 2018, 05:26:28 AM
Later, we want to implement a separate chat channel right in the game to deliver the important notifications such as a server wipe announcement.

Now this is what I'm really looking for. I'm glad to see this. ;)

I admit my mistake. I was always looking at the "News and Updates" where I see an info if there's a wipe or not. I did not recall any announcement in the discord as well about the launch of a new server - RU, most probably because I was not active enough back then. But never mind that. It is clear now. Thanks, ai_enabled, for the quick response. ;)

Quote from: ai_enabled on October 18, 2018, 05:26:28 AM
The issue with the oil/lithium resource domination is recognized as a balancing issue and will be addressed in the next update. We prefer the iterative balancing approach by applying reasonable changes and gathering the players feedback to consider further improvements.

Well, everyone, there you go. What else a player can ask for? We are in good hands! Devs are very busy adding more contents, making adjustments to balance, reading forum plus discord, and they still have time to reply very quickly. Does anyone have an idea how difficult that is?I honestly find it amazing... I really mean it...

@Neoxion
I think we can now drop the discussion about Li/Oil between us two. Not unless, you're talking to everyone and you just included @Xargt on it?

I've already replied to your post, "Don't you think that it's kind of extreme?"
I just said what our group did was complicated. In other words, yes, it's kind of extreme.
I will not say exactly what we did. You could say I'm bluffing. And you can keep on guessing.

If there are other matters regarding Li/Oil that were not discussed, let's see it.
I'm glad to discuss balancing with you. You are very smart. Everything is on point.

Else, I would like to move to another real topic; about trading.
But first, how about a good long break, yes? ;D