Breaching the Core Full Mod Discussion

Started by Hammish, June 27, 2014, 10:11:17 AM

Hammish

Two screenshots for people over the weekend:

New dual-barrel ballistic turret for the dual-linked cannons.  Compliments of Flessen.

New spinal mount weapon.  (Dun dun DUN!)  New model also compliments of Flessen.  Still working on HD graphics for the gun but when you shoot that baby you can feel it. :)

Both should be in update 1.2 coming Sunday or Monday.  Linked cannons, flamethrower, shockwave cannon, harmonic cannon and energy auger are all pretty much close to completion now along with that first Cap weapon, the Capital-class gauss cannon.   I'll probably continue to work on the projectile art for all the new guns after I release, though, as some of them like the shockwave cannon and harmonic resonator are still a bit clunky.

Samui

Zag! Zag! =)

Great work, Hammish, as always ;)

About Ru BTC:
Here is complete russian localization of 1.1.0 BTC. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1klx0sivugjmnao/0.1.1%20stable.rar?dl=0

Becouse of font problems there is no Characters translation, and you will see "? ? ? ?..." in pop up messages receiving quest items. This will be fixed when localization system will be released.

I must clarify that it is just mod localization, not full game translate.

Ru BTC will be updated shortly after every BTC update and every time when I need to correct grammatical errors and/or change some descriptions.

Hammish

Awesome, man!  Let me prep a link for it on the main page a bit later and give you credit for that work. :)

Also, BTC 1.2.0 released today.  Added: Plasma ejector, wave projector, beam auger, dual-linked cannon, shockwave cannon, advanced mining devices.

Lurler

Oh, that double barrel ballistic cannon looks cool. Almost like it is a vanilla model :)

And just a note: You can actually install mods just by double clicking on the mpk file if you are using the launcher. It will be automatically copied in the right location and installed.

Hammish

The dual-barrel even uses the default texture for turrets, either Flessen got lucky on scaling the width for that effect or he tinkered until it worked. ;)

The only issue with the double-barrel turret is that the bullets all originate from the center of the turret.  I still found a way around this, though, even if it fudges things -slightly-.  The normal bullet is centered in a square for the projectile.  The dual fires two shots in quick succession using two different projectile graphics, one slightly left-justified and one slightly right-justified.  Voila, the shots appear to be coming from each barrel (with a bit of scale tinkering) but the overall hitbox of the projectiles isn't thrown off too much.

I also highly recommend everyone check out both the ejector and the shockwave cannon, I'm very proud of them. :)

FlessenGreendart

It is just a tweaked version of the original, so even with scaling, the textures were still mapped nicely.

Quote from: Lurler on September 14, 2014, 07:22:43 PM
And just a note: You can actually install mods just by double clicking on the mpk file if you are using the launcher. It will be automatically copied in the right location and installed.
And I did not know that about MPKs. I'll make sure to include that in future readmes :)

Lurler

Quote from: FlessenGreendart on September 15, 2014, 02:29:04 AM
And I did not know that about MPKs. I'll make sure to include that in future readmes :)
Yup, basically just double click and bam, it's installed. Then you may enable it if you want and play.

Hole_in_Head

Quote from: Samui on August 29, 2014, 06:44:56 AM
Hope dev's take some good things from your mod to main game. Or even all of them ;)
Talking about rewards: can you add some pirate fighting reward? 50-200cr for shooted down depending of target strength?
And one more thing: full energy ships extremely rare, why?

Hi Samui,

Here's a small mod that will give bounties for destroyed pirates.  It's a single file edited, so it can be used standalone.  To use it with other mods, it should have the highes priority, otherwise it might not have any effect. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9IgYXhKrGk0Rk94THBXUThsNkk/edit?usp=sharing

Also, found a small typo that was causing the pirates to want to all group up at the star in the middle of the map.  This should fix that. Just make sure it has a higher priority than the BTC mod.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9IgYXhKrGk0Q19nS0hZMlJQa1U/edit?usp=sharing

Note that the bug above can actually just be fixed by removing the StickToPointAggr.js file from the BTC mod, but figure the mod pack might be easier for some to use.

Samui

Quote from: Hole_in_Head on September 15, 2014, 07:24:35 AM
Hi Samui,

Here's a small mod that will give bounties for destroyed pirates.  It's a single file edited, so it can be used standalone.  To use it with other mods, it should have the highes priority, otherwise it might not have any effect. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9IgYXhKrGk0Rk94THBXUThsNkk/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks, I'll test it as soon as posible.

Quote from: Hole_in_Head on September 15, 2014, 07:24:35 AM
Also, found a small typo that was causing the pirates to want to all group up at the star in the middle of the map.  This should fix that. Just make sure it has a higher priority than the BTC mod.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9IgYXhKrGk0Q19nS0hZMlJQa1U/edit?usp=sharing

Note that the bug above can actually just be fixed by removing the StickToPointAggr.js file from the BTC mod, but figure the mod pack might be easier for some to use.

This bug was already reported, and I didn't saw it in 0.9.9d version. Strange.

2Hammish: open your PM box plz :)

Hole_in_Head

On the pirate bug, if I were to guess, the BTC files just contain the older version of the file.  I have 0.9.9d, and only saw the behavior once I started using BTC.  The script had a typo so that the pirates were told to go to an undefined coordinate, which just results in going to the center of the map.

Samui

Quote from: Hole_in_Head on September 15, 2014, 08:42:18 AM
On the pirate bug, if I were to guess, the BTC files just contain the older version of the file.  I have 0.9.9d, and only saw the behavior once I started using BTC.  The script had a typo so that the pirates were told to go to an undefined coordinate, which just results in going to the center of the map.

I think Hammish can deal with it if you right ;)

Hole_in_Head

Yup, no doubt.  He's done awesome work on the mod, I love it!  :)  Just throwing the fix out there for those who might need it in the mean time.

Hammish

Awesome, thanks for heads-up on such.  The pirate files will be reworked from scratch once a new version of core.cpk is out, anyway, since they were always just a bit of a placeholder.  I wanted to get the baseline numbers on my mod balanced just so before I tuned the NPCs around it. :)

It's entirely likely that this is what causes the bug, though, yes.  The pirate files -are- super-old, back from like 0.8 or so, possibly.  It's also why you still see some pirates still using the old weapons once you go into higher-difficulty systems or level up, because I only did up basic versions for the low-rankers.  I should put all this up on the planned changes, though. :P

Also, glad you're liking the mod!

Samui

1.2.0 translated and optimized size like in main mod. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqbaa639eqwhz4e/0.1.2rubtc.rar?dl=0

Hammish

Since I've had a few requests for this from multiple people, here's a copy of the local data I use to balance out equipment in my mod:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_lj5ZECu9jRJdOThJrFFKSiGdqP55poeRxbXxkBPmQk/pubhtml

I can't guarantee that I'll keep it updated non-stop (far easier for me to keep an Excel open locally, currently) but it at least gives people a baseline.   If it ever gets to the point where a perma-group forms up and makes the project their own, I'll switch over to just Google Docs as a permanent solution.