Started by BeLugh, August 13, 2014, 10:37:41 AM

BeLugh

Game version: 0.9.5
Game mode: SP/MP
Bug Location: everywhere
Steps to Reproduce: playing the game
Reproduction Rate: 100%
Screenshot: no need
Bug Description: mining experience bonus (mining expertise skill), ramming bonus (ramming skill) and mining range bonus (mining range skill) do not work, the effects are not included in ingame scripts.

Lurler

Added to our todo list. Thank you!
Will be fixed in the next patch.

ai_enabled

ai_enabled

(sorry, looks like I'm again mistakenly deleted your post!) BeLugh writed:
QuoteIm sorry to tell, but none of them is fixed. It includes ramming, mining_range (effect bonus from skill), mining_amount (effect bonus from skill), mining experience  (effect bonus from skill),
as well as my own effects all don't work. Somehow they are not summed up correctly in calculateship.js As all their FinalCacheValue is always 0 even when effecttable on skillscreen shows all effects correctly, but FinalCacheValue is always empty. A few days ago i took a closer look in calculateship and i could not find any error.
The only assumption i have is that those effects are not included in allEffects (so that they do not even get in the calculation). But i am not sure how you create the table on skillspage, when they include allEffects as well i have no idea where to find the bug

I saw that you have added ramming on collision and mining_experience to modulemining, but it does not help when the base value is 0 :/

(To still make my mod work i use the skilllevel i asked you for yesterday and made a makearound)

[var mexp2 = 1 + 0.1 * ship.GetSkill(args.ship_id, "mining_expertise");] This way i can also use my own effect :)

Thanks for reporting!
We tested all these effects with console.Print() and everything worked as expected (you can see debug calls commented out in code, uncomment them and try again).
Base value is taken from <core_mod>/data/other/default_effects.xml file. I know it's not good for modding (you need to override whole file, so after update in core mod you will still use outdated file), so we will improve it with the next version (maybe move base value into effect definition?).
Regards!

BeLugh

Thanks for telling base values are in default effecs.   I did not check that xml yet!

ai_enabled

Is it working for you without any problems now?

BeLugh

I did not check the xml as my workaround is fine for me. but mining range, mining experience etc also did not work, so i guess it did not fix it. Before i used my workaround i used mining_Experience (in 0.9.6c until i gave up using it) as you have added it below to calculate mining experience when adding res to the ship and the finalcachevalue was 0.

Falknothor

Hey I have the same problem with getting the mining perks working,

Mining speed (+45%), Mining amount (+50%) and the mining experience bonus (+100%) are not working as they should.

As before I got these perks, I got arround 50/55 ores and 30 to 40 exp for it.
And after getting these upgraded perks, this is still the same.

EDIT: I am in version 0.10.4 (alpha)

ai_enabled

Quote from: Falknothor on November 21, 2014, 09:12:50 AMMining speed (+45%), Mining amount (+50%) and the mining experience bonus (+100%) are not working as they should.
Thanks for reporting! We've located the issue and fixed it.
Regards!