Tier 2 Ballistic Weapons

Started by Merc, April 06, 2015, 02:54:12 AM

Merc

Hey been having a blast since I bought VoidExpanse a few days ago.  That being said I'm really frustrated with the light cruiser class because I can't seem to find a tier 2 ballistic weapon I like.  The shotgun is alright but I was hoping for a tier 2 version of the Rotary cannon/machine-gun that tier 1 has.  I've look for this weapon in all of the high tech systems, but haven't been able to find one.  Is there a type of weapon like this in the game or have I been searching in vain?

Lurler

We are actually going to add more ballistic weapons with the next big update, including fast firing ones.
Plus this patch 1.2.1 made ballistic weapons slightly more powerful.

ForceUser

If you can find a pair, medium gauss (Weighted core) pack a heck of a punch and can snipe off screen with a good radar. They are a bit ammo inefficient but it's a good fealing one shotting almost anything except for cruisers and Battleships. The Heavy AC is pretty decent for a brawling weapon but can't wait for bigger rotaries. I haven't been able to make the shotgun ones work for me though. The crab has a good load out and you can slap some guided missiles on it but I'm digging the utility of the Stingray MK2. Works great with two weighted core gauss and an LRM GC2. Can take out Alien Battleships solo no problems with no skills in combat :P