Before we update

Started by Lurler, May 23, 2014, 06:55:46 AM

Lurler

Well, there were a multitude of problems actually :)

First, we couldn't finish one feature last friday, so we pushed it till next week and finished it on monday. Then we did some testing and, surprise-surprise, there were more than 30 bugs in total. We have fixed all of these already except one. But we will release this friday anyway, as an experimental version.

But now, after upgrading our build server we have lost the unity license key! Perfect timing :) So, tomorrow we have to do *something* to be able to build the final version. We will think of *something* for sure, but still.

And lastly we need to prepare some stuff for press release. This is quite a significan update for us, so we want other people to be notified about it.

So, that's our story so far!

Tibarn

Quote from: Lurler on May 29, 2014, 05:03:35 AM
Well, there were a multitude of problems actually :)

First, we couldn't finish one feature last friday, so we pushed it till next week and finished it on monday. Then we did some testing and, surprise-surprise, there were more than 30 bugs in total. We have fixed all of these already except one. But we will release this friday anyway, as an experimental version.

But now, after upgrading our build server we have lost the unity license key! Perfect timing :) So, tomorrow we have to do *something* to be able to build the final version. We will think of *something* for sure, but still.

And lastly we need to prepare some stuff for press release. This is quite a significan update for us, so we want other people to be notified about it.

So, that's our story so far!
Still sounds pretty good, do you think the next update will include a teamup/party option for multiplayer and share exp when killing npc's/players? :)
I think you have done an amazing job with the game so far, ive played the Escape Velocity serie since they got released and even if this is a different game its the best and closest successor ever. You are here to axle the mantle probobly for all us EV fans, keep the good work up :)
Tibarn the hawk king has spoken

Lurler

Quote from: Tibarn on May 29, 2014, 05:35:34 AM
Still sounds pretty good, do you think the next update will include a teamup/party option for multiplayer and share exp when killing npc's/players? :)
I think you have done an amazing job with the game so far, ive played the Escape Velocity serie since they got released and even if this is a different game its the best and closest successor ever. You are here to axle the mantle probobly for all us EV fans, keep the good work up :)
Thank you :)
Hopefully we can sucessfully release tomorrow and meet your expectations and continue meeting them in the future :)

Tibarn

Quote from: Lurler on May 29, 2014, 06:00:25 AM
Thank you :)
Hopefully we can sucessfully release tomorrow and meet your expectations and continue meeting them in the future :)
Well as i said just the group up and then sharing exp and all my friends will buy the game, the only aspect that we miss :)

Lurler

Quote from: Tibarn on May 29, 2014, 07:18:40 AM
Well as i said just the group up and then sharing exp and all my friends will buy the game, the only aspect that we miss :)
Yup, that is planned for the next release.

kyokei

Quote from: Lurler on May 29, 2014, 09:14:38 AM
Yup, that is planned for the next release.

Did you get the chance to add shared XP without a party frame in this current release?

Tibarn

When will party and shared exp be released? :)

Lurler

Quote from: Tibarn on June 19, 2014, 05:30:19 AM
When will party and shared exp be released? :)
When it is done :)

Tibarn

Lurler

Quote from: Tibarn on June 19, 2014, 12:18:31 PM
Do you have a estimated time? :)
If I did I would have said already :)
Sorry, can't say now. Maybe in the next big update? But don't quote me on this :)

kyokei

Quote from: Lurler on June 19, 2014, 06:16:43 PM
If I did I would have said already :)
Sorry, can't say now. Maybe in the next big update? But don't quote me on this :)

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

Last weekend I worked together with AI to try to get VE to work in wine but no luck... I can get the intros to load, and I hear the main menu music but don't get any screen.
Tibarn, if you are handy with wine/etc then maybe you can give it a try too?

ai_enabled

kyokei, we made a big progress with Mac version this week, so Linux version should work as well (native, not Wine). Stay tuned!

kyokei

Quote from: ai_enabled on June 20, 2014, 09:29:25 PM
kyokei, we made a big progress with Mac version this week, so Linux version should work as well (native, not Wine). Stay tuned!
My my my! HERO! seriously you guys rock