Main Menu

Recent posts

Help section / Re: Server Query
Last post by ai_enabled - November 13, 2023, 05:16:29 AM
Awesome! Please consider sharing your script on Github or GistΓÇöit would be super helpful for other players/server owners.

Regards!
Bug reports / Re: map all things disappear
Last post by ai_enabled - November 12, 2023, 05:57:41 AM
Hello!
It sounds like a network issueΓÇösome network data doesn't go through properly.
If you have an active VPN connection, please try without it (or vice versa).
Alternatively you can try using a mobile hotspot (modem mode on a smartphone).
If it works via a mobile connection that means there is something odd with your primary router/ISP and you need to contact your ISP for further support.

Regards!
Last post by BaxAndrei - November 12, 2023, 02:31:19 AM
I finally managed to make a script to get the data by simulating the connection, thanks anyway.
Bug reports / map all things disappear
Last post by Kelvan - November 11, 2023, 02:15:00 AM
I play cryofall since 04/2019 without problem. Since approximately half
a year there is a problem with server connection or something while
playing PvE. The server stats are ok but when moving on the map all
things disappear and only the ground is remaining. When starting the
game again everything works until you move again to another sector and
the same problem is happening again.

Do you know this problem and do you have a solution?

Last post by ai_enabled - November 09, 2023, 11:05:38 AM
Hello!
Alas CryoFall doesn't have this feature.
You can try parsing the console output of the server to gather some info (it's posting the stats about every 30 seconds).

Regards!
Help section / Server Query
Last post by BaxAndrei - November 09, 2023, 08:56:29 AM
Hello.

Is there information or documentation on how to query the private server? Get data about server (if online, ping, players, etc.). I have a tracker site where all the community servers are kept, but for this game we didn't manage to do that.

Thank you in advance.
Modding info / Re: How to start creating a tr...
Last post by ai_enabled - November 06, 2023, 03:27:45 PM
The VoidExpanse localization tool is pretty rough indeed, written in early years of the studio...It's not feasible for us to rewrite it right now, whether from the old codebase or starting from scratch. Our newer games use a different engine, so there are no more XML/JS files like in VE...

BTW, in VoidExpanse, all the text is already extracted to TXT files, so you don't really need to use the localization tool. You can just copy the existing *.en_us.txt to use as the translation files for your language. So if you find the tool too rough and CSV editing too tedious, this is a valid alternative. Just make sure to handle multi-line text and quotes correctly.

Regards!
Last post by csanchez - November 06, 2023, 12:54:49 PM
Heh I see, although functional if I noticed that the tool feels a bit rough, many times the program freezes and all the progress is lost.

And couldn't you create a new version of the tool? Would it be very complicated?

After all the tool I guess is for all your games and not just VoidExpanse, right?

An alternative would also be to use GNU Gettext, which already has tools to translate comfortably and quickly, such as Poedit or POEditor.
Although this I guess is not very viable, they would probably have to rewrite a lot of things of the game I guess.
Last post by ai_enabled - November 06, 2023, 09:35:25 AM
Hello!
Thank you for your feedback!
Unfortunately, we can't make any changes to the VoidExpanse localization tool since it was created almost a decade ago...
We primarily used it for exporting text to a CSV file and editing it in spreadsheet software like MS Excel or LibreOffice Calc. This was because the tool lacks a spellchecker and is generally cumbersome to use as an inline editor. However, there were some issues with this approach (IIRC, using quote characters " without proper escaping would break the CSV). So, if you decide to use this method, I suggest translating incrementally and checking if the CSV import feature works properly.

Regards!
Last post by csanchez - November 02, 2023, 08:52:38 PM
Quote from: ai_enabled on November 02, 2023, 03:25:55 PM
BTW, you can leave Core.cpk unpackedΓÇöjust ensure that the folder name is exactly Core.cpk (at exactly the same path as the original Core.cpk archive file).
Oh, this is great, so no need to create a zip every time changes are made :D

The Localization Utility it's great, however it has some minor details that I would like to see improved if possible.

1. The minimum window size is larger than what my 1366x768 monitor can display.
Even in full screen mode the window is not completely visible so the last lines can hardly be seen.
Observe the bottom of the window as it surpasses the Windows taskbar in fullscreen mode.

Please make it possible to reduce to less than 1366x768 the window and that it can be fully displayed in full window even in this resolution.

2. If a text is exactly the same as the original (English), show it as not translated, that is, include it in the list that is shown when the "Display only untranslated entries" option is activated.
This is useful for example for the UI section, since most of the lines are in English (or the language used as the basis) and are being replaced while the translation is going doing.

3. Highlight the current row
Useful to better see reference texts next to it (for example English and Russian strings) and making the current location more visible.
I leave an example of how it looks currently and how it would look highlighting the current rows.

4. Show the total number of translated lines and remaining lines?
Also taking into account the lines that are the same as the original (English, untranslated)