VoidExpanse - Patch notes v1.2.x

Started by Lurler, April 03, 2015, 11:23:16 PM

Lurler

FlessenGreendart

kyokei

omni slots = uber customization - I love that - any ETA when this will become the stable version?

Lurler

Quote from: kyokei on April 10, 2015, 05:04:53 AM
omni slots = uber customization - I love that - any ETA when this will become the stable version?
As soon as it's stable :)
And so far it isn't very stable... :)
We will see!

ai_enabled

kyokei

Awesome! - AI I will test the linux without mono-complete installed. I borked my installation trying to upgrade to 15.04 so I'm doing a clean install now :) Will let you know

kyokei

So freshly installed ubuntu - download VE and started it up.

First odd thing I saw was a messed atomictorch logo. Then once in the menu it kept nagging that it couldn't start the local server.
Game also crashed many times.

Logs are here: https://cloud.kunix.org/index.php/s/qUZOFMvPflAgICi

After installing mono-complete, all issues are gone - this seemed to be the case bug the game now crashes after 10 seconds ingame. Also the FPS is really bad at the moment, getting around 30-34 fps max

I think this is all related to my PC.... /sigh

smokingmedic

I have some issues with the new patch (1.2.5): My save-games got corrupted and the game fails to create new galaxies. While creating the system objects, it just goes on forever.

The log spits out this message:

11.4.15 16:42:38.3790 [ERR] Script invocation exception: script "data/scripts/global/calculateship.js"
Exception System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Der Thread wurde abgebrochen.

grimes

with 1.2.5 my save game shows corrupted.  I don't see any previous saves in the folder.  Does this mean I've
lost 25 hours of game play ?

ai_enabled

smokingmedic, grimes, the savegames are not corrupted. It was another issue which is lead to this... Fixed in v1.2.6.

v1.2.6 is available now!

kyokei

* Proper Mac/Linux game server bundle included
What does this mean exactly?

Do i need to run VoidExpanse.ServerMono.Bootstrapper.exe  or VoidExpanse.ServerMono.exe now?

ai_enabled

kyokei, Mono is not required to be installed. The game contains standalone Mono bundle to run the game server.
To run the game without the Mono, you should execute:
./VoidExpanse.ServerMono.Bootstrapper.Bundle.Linux32
It's fully native executable, which contains statically linked Mono with all required dependencies and which will use classes from "VoidExpanse.ServerMono.exe".

If you still want to run the game with Mono installed into your OS, you could run it as previous:
mono VoidExpanse.ServerMono.exe

The "VoidExpanse.ServerMono.Bootstrapper.exe' is added only for compliance with Mono LGPL license, to allow the user manually build a bundle with any version of Mono.

The singleplayer mode is always using bundle executable (if you not remove it, otherwise it fallback to Mono in OS).

For hosting the multiplayer, please try and compare both versions (bundled and non-bundle) in terms of performance and stability. It seems we could improve it a little bit by using better GC, but I'm not sure about it. We did it for Mac version, as it with Boehm GC was very slow, nearly 5-10 times slower than with SGen GC.

kyokei

Server is running super smooth! :) lets just hope it doesn't crash

CPU usage is a bit higher than a while back but it's still fine. About 9-10% idle, about 20-25% with 1 player. This is, if I am correct, based on 1 core.

smokingmedic

Thanks a lot! Everything is running perfectly now, the new update is great!

grimes

saved game is still showing corrupted and wont load.
Steam appeared to load the new patch.