Skill in the pvp

Started by ojosdelcielo, October 14, 2018, 12:34:23 AM

ojosdelcielo

Good morning, first of all I would like to say that I am using the google translator, it is possible that it is not well understood. Thank you.

First I would like to say that at the moment cryofall is charming to me, so I bought it.

What was going on, I think for me, one of the drawbacks of the game, is that your ability in pvp almost does not matter, I mean, if you have a fight against someone as equipped as you, you can do something, the problem that I see is that if someone comes to you more equipped, it annihilates you without being able to do anything.

I would like to give an example of the game rust (Whoever played it will understand it). In the rust, no matter how much you are equipped, you count your skill very much, and even if you are less equipped you can kill someone who is equipped much more than you.

But in cryofall, because of the little experience I have, I see that if you find someone more equipped, you will die without being able to do anything.

What I would like to think about, is that the player's skill is taken into account a little, I know that with the current mechanics of the game it's a little difficult, but the truth is, I do not like that the victory/defeat of the pvp is only for the equipment you wear.

I know many think, then equip better and then you will not have that problem, and if that is true, but do not you think it would be much better if your ability influenced a bit?

Greetings.

ai_enabled

Hello!

We've tried hard to ensure that the armor doesn't dramatically improve the actual resistance to damage - so everyone has a chance against the heavy armored players.
Some weapons (especially machineguns) have a pretty high DPS due to the fire rate and we might want to nerf them a bit more (we've already worked on their rebalancing).

Unfortunately, this is not a 3D game where you can have an advantage over your opponent by applying a better reaction to aim your weapon precisely. In 2D it's easier to aim and also the hitboxes are a bit confusing to make the clear shot. Also, the game doesn't have the client lag compensation (aka "state rewind") algorithm yet so your shots might miss due to the noticeable latency.

We would like to improve this aspect of the game but as you can see we can't do much. We're open to any suggestions you might have!

Regards!

ojosdelcielo

Quote from: ai_enabled on October 15, 2018, 07:26:11 AM
Hello!

We've tried hard to ensure that the armor doesn't dramatically improve the actual resistance to damage - so everyone has a chance against the heavy armored players.
Some weapons (especially machineguns) have a pretty high DPS due to the fire rate and we might want to nerf them a bit more (we've already worked on their rebalancing).

Unfortunately, this is not a 3D game where you can have an advantage over your opponent by applying a better reaction to aim your weapon precisely. In 2D it's easier to aim and also the hitboxes are a bit confusing to make the clear shot. Also, the game doesn't have the client lag compensation (aka "state rewind") algorithm yet so your shots might miss due to the noticeable latency.

We would like to improve this aspect of the game but as you can see we can't do much. We're open to any suggestions you might have!

Regards!

Hello,

I'm glad you understand my point of view, yes, I know that it is difficult with the current game, but with what you have told me, I am more relaxed.

Thank you!