Steam Mod Uploading tool

Started by ai_enabled, February 13, 2015, 10:56:56 PM

ai_enabled

Hello!

As you know, we're going for vacation before Steam release (http://atomictorch.com/Post/Pre-release-vacation).
But work didn't stop and we will do some other tasks, for which we usually don't have time.
Now we want you to have a look on the shiny new Steam Mod Uploading tool and tell us what do you think about it.

Screen #1 - Mod selection (you can drop a file or whole mod folder and Tool will create a header for it and pack it into the .MPK-file)

Screen #2 - Mod metadata editing (the tool displaying mods uploaded by you, so you can update already uploaded mod, we also added automatic mod detection)

Screen #3 - Uploading dialog on Steam (and then uploading progress displayed)

Currently it's Windows-only (XP/7/8/10), but of course we will port it on Linux and Mac if we get big community using these platforms. It's not too hard, as the tool is developed taking into account Linux & Mac systems.

Looking for your feedback!
Regards!

kyokei

Tool looks awesome, I did indeed spot a workshop item on Steam :P

As for Mac and Linux, this tool might be able to run in Wine (I'll test that once it's released)

Btw AI, why couldn't you have developed the app I am working on at work? :P Top notch work sir!

FlessenGreendart

That's actually looking pretty good.
Does it automatically retrieve the info from header.xml if you upload an MPK?

ai_enabled

Quote from: FlessenGreendart on February 14, 2015, 04:03:06 AMDoes it automatically retrieve the info from header.xml if you upload an MPK?
Yes, and it saves header.xml back to the .MPK-file.

Quote from: kyokei on February 14, 2015, 12:52:24 AMBtw AI, why couldn't you have developed the app I am working on at work? :P Top notch work sir!
Thanks! =-)

ai_enabled

The Mods Uploading tool is available now for all customers who have the beta access to the game on Steam.
To download it, open Steam client, select "LIBRARY", click on the "GAMES" and select "TOOLS". Then you can find VoidExpanse Mods Uploader in the tools list.

Regards!

FlessenGreendart

Woo!
Will be having a play tonight :)

FlessenGreendart

Tested it and it works well, simple and straightforward  :)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417265684

loudent

Just keep in mind that you have to include an image. If you don't it will fail

ai_enabled

Yes. Thanks for reporting, we will add validation for that.
Regards!

Pinkeh

Trying to use this tool but it won't let me drop files into the window. Tried both mpk files and directory drag/drops from windows explorer (win 7) to no avail.

Weird. Windows explorer wouldn't do it but Explorer++ worked.

Nevermind.