Trade Routes

Started by tattooedpierre, April 03, 2015, 11:22:44 PM

tattooedpierre

Hi,

I'm wondering; whenever I'm given a trade route from a broker -- is there some way I can record this (in-game!)?

Lurler

Quote from: tattooedpierre on April 03, 2015, 11:22:44 PM
I'm wondering; whenever I'm given a trade route from a broker -- is there some way I can record this (in-game!)?
Alas, not in the game. But you can use pen and paper :)

loudent

Do we have access to a DB? Perhaps all trade routes the player learns can be stored and then displayed on any public terminal. It's something to think about modding if we have the tools.

Vulpes

Since trade itself is dynamic, the routes you get from brokers are only useful for a short while. Honestly, in the grand scheme of things its really not worth that much, unless you have the right ship and a lot of money to convert to more money.

Tactic that works wonders is just to buy things low (such as bio material since its expensive per unit) and sell when you see good enough profit. In general, bio material will cost more on the remote systems, so I typically stock buy up all the stock at < 380, and sell when I see it at over 460 at a great profit. Its also worth unlocking most of social tree as its not a huge skill point investment but it helps your margins.

James009

I think the best way to address this would be to give sectors, stations, and eventually planets some things they can supply and things they can demand. A mining station would, for example, have most minerals cheaply but might require medicine. This would inherently create some sort of trade routes that would be dynamic and responsive.

I mean, it's very difficult to be a Trader without things like this.

ForceUser

I think that the amount of different wares is not enough yet to really implement proper supply and demand trading yet. The econemy needs to be both a lot more complex and a lot less random for it to have th depth for things like semi fixed trade routes. However it does feel like certain stations have a tendency to have certain things for cheap (usually). I do tend to make a LOT of money from trading in between mining however.