[WIP] AbyssExpansion

Started by Acuru, July 16, 2017, 12:20:07 PM

Acuru

Mod Info
Title: AbyssExpansion
Mod version: alpha 0.0.3
Game version: 2.0.3
Game mode: singleplayer/multiplayer

Description: This mod is supposed to expand upon basic game, adding more skill/items variety (in future maybe some quests). All changes are balanced around basic game so no OP items or skills. Im planing to add some hi-tech, end-game items that will be better than actual, but: 1) they will not be MUCH better, only a little 2) they will require lot power and high specific skills 3) they will cost lot of money AND science points. I will also try to integrate some other mods (especially if they are discontinued) if they authors wouldn't mind.

Author: Acuru
Credits:

Download
WARNING: it is WIP, and some content could not work properly or need re-balance. It won't crash your game, but don't use it if it is your first playthrough (it can influence your gameexperience in way i don't want). Later iterations of this mod would not have this problem :)

Direct download: http://www.filedropper.com/abyssexpansev003
Steam download: (soon)

Incompatibilities
As this mod uses contents of listed bellow mods, it is somewhat incompatible with them. It will work, but u will get duplicated items, sometimes with changed names or slightly diffrent statistics (i re-balanced some of items). This mod not use all content of this mods (i decided that some of them not fit to game so i not included them).

• Levelers Tech
  • Cargo Pod Pack

Game Changes

Class System Rework

Core game class system feels... not important. You just get diffrent skills sets and this is all. Not anymore.

Character start now without allocated skills points (purchased skills, expect for laser qualification and firgate piloting). Instead u get special class specific skill, that grants unique bonuses. Other classes can't get those. You also have 25 skill points to allocate.

On level 60 you can upgrade your class, and get even better bonuses to class specific attributes (in futher I'm planing to add multiple upgrade path's to each class).

Special: Demolitionist start with modifited shuttle that have missle hardpoint instead of guns.

Vanila Skills changes

• Trader skill cap decreased from 5 to 3 (You can now max trade margin only if you chose trader class)
  • Electronics and  Engineering skill cap increased from 5 to 7 (Some new end-game items require 7-th level of this skills [NOT IMPLEMENTED YET])
  • Optimalized prduction skill cap reduced from 5 to 3 (it is shifted to industrialist class).
  • Optimized resource use cost increased to 10 and Optimalized prduction cost increased to 7 (with new manufacturing options this skills are more vailable).)
  • Manufacturing optimization affects now only ore cost, not all manufacturing cost)
  • Optimized components use reduces component consumption in manufacturing.)
  • Shield frequency switching bonus decreased to 10 from 15 (maxed only with electronics class)
  • Shield configuration tuning shield reestablishment bonus changed to 2 from 3 (shifted to electronics class))
  • Light direct weapons skill cost changed to 10 from 0 (some classes don't have this skill on start now, so it can't be free).

New Skills

• Radar managment: icreasing overal radar parametrs
  • Long range scaning: increases radar range
  • Manufacturing consumables allows to manufacture consumable items (see Manufacturing changes)
  • Optimized components use decreases nomponent used in manufacturing processes
  • Factory worker [!not working yet] ncreases experience gained from manufacturing
  • "I can handle this" increasing maximum amount of active quests.
  • Miner devices management skill that decreases mining devices energy consumption.

Items

• (shield) Civilian powerplating civilian version of power plating, for those who want to use armor early on.
  • (booster) Cargo Pod mk1/mk2 increases cargo space in exchange for speed and manuvreability.
  • (booster) Ammo Container mk1/mk2 increases balistic weapons ammo capacity in exchange for cargo space.
  • (booster) Missiles Rack mk1/mk2 increases missiles ammo capacity in exchange for cargo space.
  • (booster) Auxiliary generator mk1/mk2 - additional small generators that is installed in boosters slots. Adds to main generator.
  • (enggine) Ergreks combat thrusters, Ergreks cruise engine system hi-tech engines, obtainable for 750 science points from scientists. They require engineering 6.
  • (hull) Prospector - modified Asteria ship hull that gives bonuses to mining. Can be bought in 40+ tech shops but in future will be obtainable only by quest.

Manufacturing

Option to manufacture consumables. They require components to made (instead of raw ore). Cost in components are higher than cost of consumables, so u propably can't make money on it (maybe if u find really good offer on them), but now mass produce it - possible even sell on multiplayer servers to other players.

Futher plans: I'm planing to add way to modify ships hulls - i.e. change laser mount to rocket, make more mark 2 versions of ships and etc. Same with weapons and other modules. Station manufacturing center propably will be leveled, and u will need high level MC for doing more complicated things (upgradable with money). Also option to install MC on stations without it.

Added option to manufacture 20, 50 and 100 units at once.

Quests

Ore mining quest changed. Now it will spawn new asteroid containing questite ore (new ore type), it can be obtained only from there (it is not selled on any station, and they will consume it pretty quick if selled to them). Now you really need to do some mining instead of just buying required amount from station. Also quantity and reward are not fixed now. [TODO: make that quantity is dependent on skills or level]

Other

• Added quest option to skip tutorial quest sequence (with Joe) . You will get full reward for skipped missions.
  • Removed option to clear skill memory - it would conflict with new class skills, and some other skills (in future i will try to make some workaround, but for now, just chose wisely)

Aditional info
I'm not native engish speaker so if u spoot grammar error's i would be glad to correct them :)

Lurler

That's an interesting way to add character (classes) effects through skills :)

Acuru

UPDATE v0.0.2

QuoteRework of class rework
Character start now without allocated skills points (purchased skills, expect for laser qualification and firgate piloting). Instead u get special class specific skill, that grants unique bonuses. Other classes can't get those. You also have 25 skill points to allocate.

On level 60 you can upgrade your class, and get even better bonuses to class specific attributes (in futher I'm planing to add multiple upgrade path's to each class).

Option to manufacture consumables.
They require components to made (instead of raw ore). Cost in components are higher than cost of consumables, so u propably can't make money on it (maybe if u find really good offer on them), but now mass produce it - possible even sell on multiplayer servers to other players.

• (shield) Civilian powerplating civilian version of power plating, for those who want to use armor early on.
  • Ergreks combat thrusters, Ergreks cruise engine system hi-tech engines, obtainable for 750 science points from scientists. They require engineering 6.

• Added option to manufacture 20, 50 and 100 units at once

• Manufacturing consumables - new skill that allows to manufacture consumable items (see Manufacturing changes)

• Optimalized prduction skill cap reduced from 5 to 3 (it is shifted to industrialist class).
  • Optimized resource use cost increased to 10 and Optimalized prduction cost increased to 7 (with new manufacturing options this skills are more vailable).[/b])
  • Manufacturing optimization affects now only ore cost, not component cost[/b])
  • Optimized components use - reduces component consumption in manufacturing.[/b])
  • Shield frequency switching - bonus decreased to 10 from 15 (maxed only with electronics class)[/b])
  • Shield configuration tuning - shield reestablishment bonus changed to 2 from 3 (shifted to electronics class)[/b])
  • Light direct weapons skill cost changed to 10 from 0 (some classes don't have this skill on start now, so it can't be free).

• Added quest option to skip tutorial quest sequence (with Joe) . You will get full reward for skipped missions.
  • Removed option to clear skill memory - it would conflict with new class skills, and some other skills (in future i will try to make some workaround, but for now, just chose wisely)

Acuru

UPDATE v0.0.3
QuoteOre mining quest changed. Now it will spawn new asteroid containing questite ore (new ore type), it can be obtained only from there (it is not selled on any station, and they will consume it pretty quick if selled to them). Now you really need to do some mining instead of just buying required amount from station. Also quantity and reward are not fixed now. [TODO: make that quantity is dependent on skills or level]

• "I can handle this" skill increasing maximum amount of active quests.
  • Miner devices management skill that decreases mining devices energy consumption.
  • Prospector - modifited Asteria ship hull that gives bonuses to mining. Can be bought in 40+ tech shopsh but in furure will be obtainable only by quest.
  • Auxiliary generator, Auxiliary generator Mk2 - additional small generators that is installed in boosters slots. Adds to main generator.
  • Mining devices energy consumption - new effect that allows to adjust mining energy consumpion, can be obtained by classes, skills and is active on some ships.

Lurler

These are some good ideas for skills :)
I wish we added that into the base game.

Acuru

Guess what? You can still do that :D (as i said in another topic ;)) Still they need some balancing and tweaking but after that...

Acuru

Damn. My computer crashed and im now on my old, rusty PC, so propably there will be little to no updates for few next days :C

Acuru

Damn, i had hard time lately, but hopefully i could get back to moding.

Anyway, anyone tested this mod already?

Lurler

Unfortunately there aren't that many people who still post here regularly. So I'd say - share your mod also on Steam Workshop, this way you will have better visibility.